Have you ever considered working with a personal trainer? Chances are you have seen one in the gym working with a client and you thought to yourself "I wonder if a trainer could help me." Well I can tell you 100% that they CAN! Everyone from the beginner to the hardcore fitness buff can benefit from working with a trainer. Even Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mr. Olympia himself, worked with a trainer during his world renowned body building career. You might be asking yourself why YOU need a trainer....well here are 5 GREAT reasons to give it a try!
1) You're not seeing results. - If you've been exercising consistently for several weeks or months and aren't seeing the changes you'd like, hiring a trainer may be a good choice. A trainer can look at your current program and eating habits and help you see where you could make changes to create more effective workouts. A trainer can also help you determine if the goals you've set are realistic for you.
2) You don't know where to start.-The gym can be a pretty intimidating place for beginners. There are so many different machines and thousands of different exercises that it can be a touch overwhelming. A qualified personal trainer will be able to first discuss your fitness goals with you and secondly come up with a plan and detailed program to help you achieve those goals.
3) You're bored with the same old workouts. - Oftentimes, even experienced exercisers hit a rut or a plateau in their progress. This is usually caused by a lack of variety in your workouts. A trainer can bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to challenge both your body and your mind. Even if you just do a few sessions or meet every few weeks, you'll find it refreshing to have new workouts and new exercise toys to play with.
4) You're training for a sport/event.-If you are training for a specific sport or event it is going to require sport specific training. Athletes training for a marathon aren't going to be doing the same workouts as an athlete training for football. A personal trainer will be able to develop a sport specific workout to develop the necessary fitness levels for you desired sport or activity.
5) You need motivation.- I've seen a lot of people in the gym just "going through the motions". They look like zombies in there just going from machine to machine without any real fire or motivation. A good trainer will keep you motivated and excited about your exercise routine, all the while, challenging your body and mind to reach new levels. In addition, working out with a trainer is much more effective than on your own because there is someone else to keep pushing you and helping you maintain focus and motivation.