Chicken & Vegetable Soup
Soup is a great meal for those cold rainy days...or a great meal to take along to a tailgate party or family get together. It's sooo easy to make! I make a big batch in my crock pot and freeze half of it. I know there is always healthy soup when I need some in the freezer!
2 RAW chicken breasts
1 cup spinach
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup chopped leeks
1 cup diced onion
1 box low sodium vegetable broth
2 cups water
2 tbsp garlic powder
dash parsley seasoning
dash cayenne pepper
dash cracked black pepper
1 cup whole wheat vegetable pasta shells
- Pour all ingredients, EXCEPT for pasta into crockpot.
- Set on medium heat for about 6-8 hours OR High heat for 4-6 hours.
- Make sure chicken is shredded--take out and cut if need to.
- Throw in pasta and let it cook--usually about 30 minutes.
- Ready to serve and/or save for later!