Healthy Tailgating--> Recipe # 7 Hummus
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 • Phoenixville, PA 19460
Hummus is a great dip for veggies! It's easy to make and packed with nutrients. There are many variations to make it, but here is a simple recipe:
- Drain a can of chick peas (garbanzo beans)--cream them in a blender or food processor (add a little lemon juice and olive oil)
- Add about 1 tbsp Tahini, which makes the great flavor of hummus--> Tahini is made from roasted sesame seeds.
- Add garlic and some cracked black pepper.
- If dry add in a little vegetable broth.
- Chill in the fridge for about an hour before serving.
- serve with carrots, peppers, celery, bell pepper strips, broccoli, 100% whole wheat crackers or chips.