Pumpkin Black Bean Burgers
1 can black beans (15oz)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup cooked and cooled brown rice
2 tbsp flax meal
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp chili powder
2 cloves garlic
1/3 cup oat flour (oats in food processor)
1. In a food processor combine garlic, olive oil, pumpkin, salt and chili powder.
2. Add in rice and half the can of black beans-- PULSE only a few times you don't want a paste
3. Add flaxmeal and oat flour. PULSE again a few times
4. Add rest of beans and pulse one or 2 more times
5. Mixture should have texture to it
6. Form into 4 patties
7. Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a pan on medium heat on stovetop.
8. Cook patties until crispy on each side. About 2-3 minutes per side.
Enjoy on a salad or on a whole wheat roll. I'm love topping my burgers with avocado!