This is very easy to make and combines a lot of key ingredients that helps keep you lean. Paella's are popular in Spain...when Brian and I were there on our honeymoon we had quite a few varieties! They are typically made with rice..but I substituted rice for Quinoa for added health benefits! It's basically a one-pot Stir Fry..Quick, Healthy & Tasty!
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1lb frozen pre-cooked small shrimp
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp sriracha sauce or hot sauce (if you want an extra kick)
1 garlic clove, minced or 1 tbsp garlic powder
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth or 1 cup water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup dry quinoa
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat
2. Add shrimp, onions & peppers. Sautee for about 5 minutes
3. Add all remaining ingredients, including olive oil.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover for about 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let stand for about 5 minutes and serve.