What do you think of when you hear the words Group Exercise? Do you picture a class of all women, steps in front of them, bubble gum pop music, leotards and leg warmers? If you think that is what Group Exercise (or as I like to call it Group Fitness) is, I want to help you see that it has changed.
Group Fitness has evolved through the years, and is no longer the stereotypical class with image of ladies in leg warmers and leotards. Men and women now are participating and harnessing the power of group fitness as an alternative way to help them maintain or achieve their fitness goals in a fun way, while still getting a great workout.
Since so many things in today’s world make our lives more singular, group fitness offers that experience of camaraderie, and support to help keep you motivated and moving toward your goals.
Here are five great reasons you should take part in group fitness, or small group training sessions.
- Support of the Group - If you are new to exercise, or not sure about being at the gym then group fitness is something you should consider trying. Not only do you get the support and motivation from the instructor, other participants in the class help you along the way too. Many group exercise participants have been through the same fitness and/or weight loss and maintenance struggles as you.
- Accountability - Most people participate in group fitness classes with friends, coworkers or others they know, therefore you have to turn up! If you don't, you know the next at the next class they are going to be asking why you were not at class. The instructor will also take notice. Class will help you action your goals and face the consequences!
- Helps to Stick to Your Routine – People are 80-85% more likely to stick to an exercise routine and achieve your goals if they work out in a group environment. Now that is a statistic you want to be a part of. Participate in a group fitness class and get your results.
- Social Fun - Group fitness allows you to meet people with the same interests as you. It is a great social occasion, and a great way to meet new friends. The bonds that are built through group fitness carry outside the class setting.
- It's Fun – Classes make the exercise fun while still being challenging. Sweating and working out with other people is a lot more FUN than running a treadmill staring into a mirror! Fine the class for you and watch yourself achieve your goals.
If you are looking for a class to join, try out AMP Personal Fitness’ Body Revolution Fitness Camp held on Mondays at 10:30 am and Thursdays at 1:30 pm in Sunny Springs Park, Las Vegas NV. Class is $15 for drop-in, or 8 classes for $80. For more information on this class visit www.amppersonalfitness.com and go to the special programs tab.