This sandwich is really not anything new to me. I was trying to think of what I wanted to cook for dinner that both Tyler (my fiancé) and I would both like. I thought...you know what? I have not had that "Philly-steak thing" that I make for awhile. So I went with it. Don't know why we have not made it in awhile, but boy did it hit the spot.
ALL YOU NEED
- One carton sliced button mushrooms
- 2-3 bell peppers sliced
- ½ pound rare roast beef (Hy-Vee deli) shredded into then slices
- 4 slices provolone cheese or fresh mozzarella (for a low-sodium option)
- 4 Artesian Flatout™ Fold it flat bread slices (located near deli in Owatonna store).
ALL YOU DO:
- Sautee mushrooms and bell peppers in olive oil until crisp-tender over medium-high heat. Add shredded rare lean roast beef to pan for 1-2 additional minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Toast flat-out bread in pan. Add veggie beef mixture to flat-out bread, add provolone cheese and continue to toast unit cheese is melted. Remove
Tyler is rather picky, but even he said it pretty much tastes like a "Philly steak" sandwich but….wayyyy… healthier.
Your Owatonna-Waseca registered dietitian
P.S. See you Thursday for another great way to use Strawberries and Peas in a Salad!