Making the decision to make healthier choices is easy- committing to this and following through is where it gets tough. Here are 5 tips to stick to your guns and get back to the fit you
- Don't go ALL IN- in other words- don't try and overhaul your entire lifestyle in one week- it won't happen. You'll set yourself for disappointment. Instead, make 1 small change each week, always building on . For instance; week 1 resolve to drink 8 glasses of water. Carry that water bottle around all day and use it. For week 2, keep drinking your water, but resolve to walk 30 min before after work or during your lunch hour. Etc….
- Find exercise you enjoy! No reason to trudge on a treadmill for an hour if you would rather be outdoors, or in an exercise class.. If structured exercise isn't for you, think about joining a softball league, hiking club, or taking some dance lessons, walk the dog.. Its important to find something you can enjoy for the long haul. Kickboxing, kettlebells, yoga, the possibilities are endless.
- Set reasonable goals. Train for a 5k or 10k fun run/walk. Aim to wear a size smaller in 2-3 months. Promise yourself you will exercise 3-4 times a week. Then reward yourself with NON Food incentives. Mani/pedi, new fitness gear, those jeans in a smaller size, etc.
- Remember to cut yourself some slack- Rome wasn' t built in a day, and neither was your butt, belly or thighs you may be unhappy about. It was a gradual process, so keep this in mind There is no quick fix, it will take time. Go easy on yourself, you may stumble one day and eat crappy. But every moment you can make a new choice- so start fresh and let the past go!
- "they say" (whoever they are ha) that it takes 21 days to create a habit. If you can stick to eating well and getting your daily bouts of exercise large or small, you will notice you have more energy. You are actually looking forward to, or at least thinking about the next exercise session. You will feel better… I guarantee it!!!
Remember- exercise will make you healthier from the inside out- you are making your heart, lungs, joints,and muscles happy first. Don't be discouraged by the scale or your outward appearance the first few weeks. Amazing things are happening behind the scenes!!!