I am an elite personal trainer who has worked one on one with clients since 1987. Over the years I have gained insight into the art of tailoring exercise regimes to maintain strength, balance and a full range of motion on the ski slopes, running trails, golf course,or tennis courts. I am here to help you do the things you want to do, no matter how old you are. Exercise is fun. My favorite thing to hear after a workout session is “Wow, that felt great!”
Although I work with top-level athletes in the sports-oriented town of Sun Valley, I also know from experience the challenges we face when rebounding from injuries, surgeries or chronic conditions. As a former junior ski racer, I have a passion for skiing, but I also love to hike, bike and rock climb on the cliffs of the Greek Islands, Sardinia, Italy and Thailand. But in 2004 I was struck with spondylolisthesis, a very painful displacement of the spinal column. I couldn’t even walk or sit down to dinner. After undergoing surgery to fix my back I became an back pain specialist, focusing on the lumbo-pelvic-hip complex. I am back to doing the things I love.
Since 2000 I have also studied yoga with leading practitioners worldwide, so if you train with me, you will surely do some yoga. Balance is huge for people over 40. So is the necessity of bringing together muscles and mind to move more efficiently, to relax when we need to relax, and to be powerful when power is needed. For example, have you ever noticed that a great skier’s upper body is always relaxed?
We will begin with a 7-page health history questionnaire. Before we hit the gym I want to know where your body has been, and where you want it to go. We will train for full body moves with high metabolic cost. Whether your goal is fat loss, training for a specific athletic achievement, or returning to your favorite sport, I will bring abundant enthusiasm and the latest technical expertise to designing your workout plan. If you train with me I can guarantee you that you will not be sore on the first day of ski season.
Here is a list of my credentials:
• American College of Sports Medicine
• American Council on Exercise (gold level)
• Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research
• Active Isolated Strengthening Therapist (a method of fascia release used to facilitate stretching)
• Connie is an International Dance Exercise Association Elite Level Personal Trainer ( the highest level of achievement in the personal fitness training industry)
• TRX Suspension training coach.
• Author for 8 years of a popular monthly health and fitness column for the Idaho Mountain Express, now writing as the Fitness Guru for the Ketchum Keystone.
• Voted one of the top fitness trainers in the Sun Valley area
• Yoga training with Judith Lasater, Seane Corn, and Erich Schiffman.