...attack the plan!
Most of the successful events of our lives were born from a simple idea or thought. It is the same for our fitness goals. After deciding on your goal it is helpful to put a plan into place. Doing so will help you achieve a positive outcome. Fitness is no different. It is good to quantify all aspects of your new goal(s). Exercise and nutrition both deserve equal attention when you begin to create your plan for success. How do you create a plan?
1) Decide on your long term goal and quantify it with numbers. Wrong: Lose weight, Right: lose 10 lbs
2) Back into those numbers by taking into consideration the time frame in which you will reach your goal. Wrong: 2014 Right January 1, 2014. There after quatify your goal with monthly or weekly goals. For Example; I will lose 2 lbs per week, 8 lbs per month.
3) By reaching your weekly goals your long range goal will be met!
4) Please don't just focus on weight loss. Muscle mass, body fat, proper training techniques should also be up front and center.
5) Sometimes it is helpful to share your goal with someone. Doing so will hold you accountable.
Our goals often change mid-stream. What then? Zig then zag... regroup and adjust your plan and move forward.
Find a 'slogan' to help motivate you.... One of mine is this: Plan The Attack - Attack The Plan.