Bananas are a great source of calories post workout. They contain 27 grams of carbohydrates and provide you a quick boost of energy post workout.
Avocados. They are a great source of potassium and they taste absolutely yummy! Potassium is an essential nutrient used to maintain fluid and electrolyte balance in the body. It will help you recharge and feel rehydrated after a killer workout. Try a few slices of avocado on whole grain toast, sprinkled with a little salt, pepper and lemon juice, for a simple post workout snack.
Dried Apricots. Apricots are another potassium dense food to eat. Keep a little bag of them in your gym bag and eat them before or after your workout
Eggs-They are not just for breakfast anymore! Eggs are rich in Vitamin A, which help strengthen the immune system and are good for your eyes.
Walnuts or Pistachios-They are great source of protein (up to 17 grams), which help to rebuild muscle that exercised post workout.
Help make it happen for Post Rehabilitation Training Studio on Indiegogo
Sit your hips back as if you were sitting in a chair and keep your legs no wider than your shoulders. Also keep your toes point forward.
This video shows you how much sugar you ingest in coke and other carbonated sodas.
All Salads are not created equal. Click HERE for the 6 most unhealthiest salads.
- If possible, eat a light snack BEFORE you go to the restaurant.
- Ask the waiter to take away the bread or chips that is left on the table while you wait for the meal
- While you are waiting for the meal, have a glass of water. It will help keep you filled up.
- Ask the waiter for any dressings to be placed on the side and not on the meal
- Most restaurants now display the caloric information on the menu, if it's not on the menu-ask to see a copy of it.
- Talking about calories-Give yourself a food budget. For example, you agree in advance that you will not eat 700 calories per meal. Tell a friend or write it down somewhere so that you are held accountable.
- Ask the waiter for a doggy bag when you meal is served. Immediately place half (1/2) of your food in the bag so you avoid overeating.
- Have an appetizer or dessert or alcoholic with your meal and not more than one option. Yes, that means you have a glass of wine with your meal and not a glass of wine, meal and a dessert.
- If you do overeat-Its not a crime; just make sure you eat lighter the next meal and/or squeeze in a workout that week.
Click HERE to watch this inofrmative video
You can't exercise through inflammation. It's one way ticket to an arthritic condition. Use massage therapy, electric stimulation treament and/or ice and take care of it before it gets worse.
Click HERE to read the article