Hey there ... its time for another blog post!
In my previous post, I mentioned that we were halfway through the calendar year (aka Halftime) and I refelcted on what I had accomplished so far this year as well as my goals for the remainder of the year. I also encouraged the readers of this blog to do the same. Hopefully, you are trying to make the 2nd half of this year even better than the 1st half. To do this, I suggest you do the following:
- Establish your goals, then write them down (Storing them in a smart phone/tablet also works)
*For each goal, write a detailed plan and/or list of things you will need to do to establish this goal(s)*
- In addition to your goal(s), if exercising isn't on your list, I highly suggest you do so. *If you are unsure on how to exercise or need a professional, look into hiring a personal trainer and/or participate in a exercise related class.*
- Stay focused. One thing I have learned as a husband, father & busines owner, is that "focus" is probaly the single most important factor in achieving success, no matter what the goal(s) are. Eliminate distractions and develop your tunnel vision to ensure you stay on the right path.
- Once your goal is complete, cross it out, put a check mark to it, etc ...You probaly have heard this many times before, but visually acknowledging that you completed your goal(s), gives you a feeling of a sense of accomplishment and more importantly, the confidence to know that you have the discipline to see things through.
- After you complete each goal, reward yourself. Then move on to your next goal (Rinse, Wash & Repeat).
I hope this post helps.
It's now the week of July 4, 2013. It's what I refer to as "HALFTIME" in our calendar year. We have 6 more months until we reach 2014. Hopefully to the readers of this blog, your 1st half of the year has been successful so far. Maybe you were able to pay off a credit card .... Get into physical shape ... Perhaps, you got married or became a parent (1st time or again) , etc ...
I personally have had a good 1st half of 2013. So far:
- My baby daughter was christened
- My son completed his 1st year of preschool
- My training studio was remodeled
- I experimented with Intermittent Fasting (IF) and have had good results
- Have 3 new potential clients ready to train with me within the next week
For the remainder of the year, I hope to:
- Get my wife back to the size she was before she got pregnant last year
- Pay off my last credit card
- Increase my strength in the deadlift
- Add video streaming to my personal training business
- If time permits, compelte my Precision Nutrition Certification course
- Get a suitable tenant placed in my rental property
Again, we are heading into the 2nd half of the calendar year. If your 1st half of 2013 wasn't successful, what are you going to do to ensure that your 2nd half is?
This past week, the family and I took our annual vacation to the beach. My in laws joined us on this trip as well. This was the first time for our newest addition, my baby daughter. My wife and I have been going the past 8 years and over the past 4, we have had kids with us. I can honetly say, this was the best trip yet! What's funny is it rained off and on the whole week so we didn't get to spend a lot of time on the actual beach persay, but it still was great. The past few weeks leading up to our trip were a bit challenging for me. I would call it slight burnout. So this trip to the beach was much needed. Every other morning, I got up and ran about 20 blocks on the strip and allowed all my so called problems to melt away as I inhaled the ocean and soaked in the sun. A majority of this trip was catered to my kids, and I enjoyed seeing them having a good time as much as they experienced the good times. The point of this post was to remind you that we need to back off sometimes. Just as you have to allow your body to recover from weeks/months of serious training, we must do the same for the mind and the human psyche. Every 6 months to a year, its a great idea to get away from your day to day activites, go somewhere nice and recharge! "Don't Sleep":)
I want to quickly address the topic of maturity.
This week my son was promoted from Pre-School to Pre-Kindegarden. In his first year of school, I have watched him accomplish various achievements thus far in his life. Everything from singing songs with his peers, to becoming a big brother, to making me a homemade Father's Day card (which was very special to me). Needless to say he has matured as a toddler big brother .... I along with his mother, have matured as parents.
The question I want you to ask yourself is ....Are you constantly maturing in your life?
If not, than you are missing out. Growth is a neccesity in life. So from this point on, make it a point to continue to mature into the strong responsible person I know you can be.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Thank you for reading/subscribing to my new blog! I hope this blog wil inspire others to take control of their lives and live their lives to the fullest. I have been contemplating starting a blog for the past year or so, but I procasinated b/c I either had no idea what to blog about, and/or I was waiting for the right time. Well I finally realized there is no right time! We all are given 24 hrs each day to make that day the most productive we can. While effective preparation is key to any endeavor, too much preparation will get you one place and one place only ... NOWHERE!
For those of you who know me or know of my trade, I am a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) and I run my own PT Business ... Don't Sleep Fitness (www.dontsleepfitness.com). I live and breathe fitness and personal training. With that being said, I also have another secret obsession .... WRITING!
For as long as I can remember, I have been an avid writer, everything from rhymes to short stories. As with working out, writing is an outlet for me. As an Alpha Male (get used to hearing this on this blog!), I am most satisfied when I am in control! When I workout I am in control of my body ... When I train clients, I am in control of the proper program design which will play a big part in enhancing their lives ... At home I am control of my family .... When I write I am in control of the message(s) I convey and how I deliver them. Please don't confuse the word "control" as a form of dictatorship or anything immorral like that. I just am a proud man who understands that in this world, a majority of people are geared to be LED, and a chosen few are geared to LEAD ... I happen to fit into the latter category.
So I decided now is the time for me to get the blog started and let a chosen few:) into the creative yet structured mind of yours truly!
Ok thats it for now ... stay tuned.