Initial Treatment For Spondylolisthesis
Majority of people today are suffering from varied health conditions due one or the other reason. However, one of the most common reasons that lead to conditions such as Spondylolisthesis or Cervical Herniated Disc is the lifestyle. As far as the former is concerned, preliminarily treatment is conservative and depends on the symptoms that vary from one individual to another.
Enlisted are a few Spondylolisthesis Treatment options recommended to a patient suffering from similar condition.
• Physical therapy helps to enhance the range of motion of the hamstrings as well as lumbar spine. Also, it will strengthen the muscles of abdominal area.
• Patients who are suffering from isthmic spondylolisthesis can benefit from a hypertension brace.
• Avoiding activities akin to athletics, bending and lifting; or rest for a few days might reduce the symptoms.
• Patients who experience tingling, pain and numbness in the legs can feel relaxed from an epidural steroid injection.
• Intake of anti-inflammatory medications helps in decreasing pain by reducing the inflammation of nerves as well as muscles.
If symptoms, rather conditions, do not get better with conservative treatment then surgery is the way to go. Such surgeries are determined on the basis of spondylolisthesis that a patient is suffering from.