Great Friday Workout!
This morning I had a fantastic workout. It felt so good to lift weight, strengthen and move my body in the manner it was designed, and chat with a new friend.
When I go to the gym I like to do a total body workout. I do this for a few reasons:
- I don't have time in my schedule to go to the gym everyday for an hour or so
- I like to combine exercises to make things more functional yet intense.
- It just feels like I completed something, and some days that is just what I need.
Today, my workout was this:
- Leg press with a calf extension lower
- Jane Fonda leg lift combo
- Straight leg dead lift with reverse lunge
- Side step up on bench
- Incline db press
- Db single lat row
- Flat bench db chest press
- Arnold press
- Db pull over
- Tricep extension pull down
- Body drag bicep curls
I had the privilege of working out with a new friend, Abby. She's a very inspiring and motivated gal who is training for figure/physique competition. I learned a few new exercises that I'll definitely being utilizing with future clients (and myself!)
After my workout, I munched on a granny smith apple and fresh honey roasted peanut butter, a granola bar and of course, some water.
Have a very merry Friday and enjoy your weekend!