Bananas, quite possibly the best pre workout snack?
Monday, January 21, 2013 • LEOMINSTER, MA 01453-3262
I am often asked what the best pre workout snack is. There is no perfect pre snack but there are some better than others.
Some key factors have remained in choosing a proper pre workout snack.
- It should be light, 150-250 calories depending on the individual.
- It must assimilate quickly, foods that are softer or in there liquid state assimilate quicker than foods that chewy and tougher for the body to process.
- Potassium is necessary to prevent cramping and fatigue.
- Should be taken about an hour before training so it should be easy to fix and take with you.
The banana fits all of these criteria, it comes in a little short as far as calories are concerned. The average banana has around 100 calories. Add a tablespoon of peanut butter and viola an awesome pre workout snack.
Bananas are very rich in potassium. A medium banana can contain 400–600 milligrams of it. A fruit this size also has 2 grams of protein and 4 g of fiber, is very low in calories and fat, and provides an enormous array of vitamins and minerals.
Banana Health Benefits:
- Bananas can help treat anemia
- lower blood pressure
- help resolve bowel issues and constipation
- increase brain power and energy levels
- help fight depression
- soothe heartburn
- replenish the body during hangovers
- prevent morning sickness
- soothe mosquito bites
- calm nerves
- help with mood disorders such as premenstrual syndrome and S.A.D
- decrease stress
article: Bananas: Giving You A Hand In Your Health
by Jessica Cline