What is Wellbeing?
While academic debate continues about precisely how ‘well-being’ should be defined, for our purposes it is not essential to address all of its finer points. All of the elements cited above play a role in ensuring that people feel their lives are going well, although their importance may vary as circumstances change.
Well-being is most usefully thought of as the dynamic process that gives people a sense of how their lives are going, through the interaction between their circumstances, activities and psychological resources or ‘mental capital’.
You may say that it is a state of complete wellness ( Know more about What is Wellness )
Summary of Well-Being Theory
Here then is well-being theory: well-being is a construct; and well-being, not happiness, is the topic of positive psychology. Well-being has five measurable elements (PERMA) that count toward it:
- Positive emotion
(Of which happiness and life satisfaction are all aspects)
- Meaning and purpose
No one element defines well-being, but each contributes to it. Some aspects of these five elements are measured subjectively by self-report, but other aspects are measured objectively.
In authentic happiness theory, by contrast, happiness is the centerpiece of positive psychology. It is a real thing that is defined by the measurement of life satisfaction. Happiness has three aspects: positive emotion, engagement, and meaning, each of which feeds into life satisfaction and is measured entirely by subjective report.
There is one loose end to clarify: in authentic happiness theory, the strengths and virtues—kindness, social intelligence, humor, courage, integrity, and the like (there are twenty-four of them)—are the supports for engagement. You go into flow when your highest strengths are deployed to meet the highest challenges that come your way. In well-being theory, these twenty-four strengths underpin all five elements, not just engagement: deploying your highest strengths leads to more positive emotion, to more meaning, to more accomplishment, and to better relationships.
|Authentic Happiness Theory||Well-Being Theory|
|Topic: Happiness||Topic: Well-Being|
|Measure: Life satisfaction|
Measures: Positive emotion, engagement, positive
relationships, meaning, and accomplishment
|Goal: Increase life satisfaction||Goal: Increase flourishing by increasing positive emotion, engagement, positive relationships, meaning, and accomplishment|
Factors that influence wellbeing
Every aspect of your life influences your state of wellbeing. Researchers investigating happiness have found the following factors enhance a person's wellbeing:
- Happy intimate relationship with a partner
- Network of close friends
- Enjoyable and fulfilling career
- Enough money
- Regular exercise
- Nutritional diet
- Sufficient sleep
- Spiritual or religious beliefs
- Fun hobbies and leisure pursuits
- Healthy self-esteem
- Optimistic outlook
- Realistic and achievable goals
- Sense of purpose and meaning
- A sense of belonging
- The ability to adapt to change
- Living in a fair and democratic society.
Improving your wellbeing not only leads to the prevention of disease, but can lead to outcomes that include:
- better physical health
- healthier lifestyles
- improved recovery from illness
- fewer limitations in daily living
- higher educational attainment
- greater productivity, employment and earnings
- better relationships with adults and children
- more social cohesion and engagement
- improved quality of life
What can you do to improve your wellbeing?
There are five simple and practical steps that we can take to improve our wellbeing, called the ‘five ways to wellbeing’. The five ways to wellbeing are:
- Connect – connect with the people around you
- Be active – physical activity is good for the mind and the body
- Take notice – become aware of the world around you
- Keep learning – learn new skills and set yourself challenges
- Give – be a good citizen and help others
Also Read :
Meat lovers, that's a lot of water you're eating.
Of course you care about the environment. You turn off the faucet when you brush your teeth. You take showers instead of baths. You've even installed a low pressure shower head. But unless you're a vegetarian, you are wasting a lot of water perhaps without realizing it.
"The Water We Eat," an infographic by water-conservation advocate Angela Morelli, reveals that we "eat" far more water than we drink. Moreover, we waste far more water by eating than we do by bathing, washing, and flushing. Domestic tasks require about 36 gallons a day, while food production requires 923 gallons.
The reason is because our yummy cows need to be fed. But over 4,000 gallons of water are required to produce a measly two pounds of boneless beef. So what can you do about this? Morelli suggests skipping meat at least once a week and, if you must be carnivorous, then consume grass-fed cows, who require far less water to keep alive than cows gorging on grain.
See full infographic Click the image below ~ Daily Health Press
The longevity tricks and secrets to how to live to 100 and look younger , and enjoying excellent health in the next 50 years for your life are, at a glance, quite simple.
There are key areas that in which you can strive to improve each day:
- keep your stress levels low: by putting continued effort into your personal growth, you will become increasingly adept at finding even healthier ways to metabolize the daily anxiety of modern life; you will become kinder, more loving, and a better listener.
- improve your daily diet: nutrition continues to be the big factor that determines your health; surrender your cultural assumptions about what food is good and what food is bad, and starting listening closely to what your own body tells you instead
- move, move, move: you must not be habitually sedentary; you don't have to be a triathlete or run marathons; you can condition your body in a sensible way that include flexibility, cardiovascular and strength-training – a beginning yoga DVD, a long walk, running on a treadmill and some gardening or housework are all effective forms of exercise.
Longevity Requires Inspiration
Below is an intriguing infographic that reveals, in an-easy-to-understand way, secrets to live longer by improving the quality of your life as you age.
Just like the gladiators, the strongest and fittest survive ... and they also get noticed.
The Spartacus Workout: Body-Weight Excercise is a proven, high-intensity workout that trains every inch of your body at home
Just take 30 minutes to pump up your body and TURN ALL YOUR MUSCLES ON!
- Kick-start your metabolism
- Scorch calories & fat faster than ever
- Blast your chest, arms, and shoulders
- Improve your strength & build muscle
Challenge yourself with a grueling series of cutting-edge body-weight exercises, including burpees, reverse pushups, rotational lunges, and plank walkups alongwith other fitness excercises with gym equipments . Whether you are just starting out or need a Excercise routine while on the road, Body Weight Excercises delivers an incredible gut-busting program that gives you the results you want in only 30 minutes.
It's fast, it's tough, and it's 100% equipment free!
My Opinion on Fat Burners
When I am asked what I think about fat burners my first response immediately is that without the proper diet and training program there is no pill that will give you the results that you are looking for. If fat loss is your goal you need to create a nutritional program that will feed your muscle tissue while starving the fat.
The way to do this is the following:
- • Eat a slightly caloric deficient diet (a diet where you ingest less calories than what you burn on a given day). Take your approximate lean body mass and multiply it by 12 to get a good calorie base.
- • Eat frequently: Your diet should consist of multiple small meals a day (5-6) consisting of complex carbohydrates, lean proteins and some essential fats.ratio of 40% carbs, 40% proteins and 20% fats will yield great results!
- • Focus on weight training: Your workout program should focus on weight training as this activity will build more muscle which not only serves to give you a pleasing shape but also increases your metabolism permanently, thus making it easier to lose fat.
Four to five sessions a week of 45 minutes will suffice for most people. Split your body over three workouts performing Chest, Shoulders and Triceps on Workout
- (A), Back, Biceps and Calves on Workout
- (B) and Thighs, Hamstrings and Abs on Workout
- (C). Perform 3 sets of 3 exercises of 8-12 repetitions for the large body parts and 3 sets of 2 exercises for the small body parts.
Keep the workout fast paced in nature resting only 60-90 seconds in between sets.
- • Do some cardio: In order to really accelerate fat loss, supplement your weight training with 30-45 minutes of cardiovascular exercise 3-4 times per week. For best results, cardiovascular exercise should be performed either first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or right after the weight training.As you can see, losing fat while toning up requires a multi-faceted approach that no pill in the market can substitute for.
Problems Created by Following a Proper Fat Loss Program
- Following the proper fat loss program however is challenging. As you start to lose body fat your body, wanting always to remain in a state of homeostasis (a state of balance where it does not change), starts to send powerful signals to the brain that initiate food cravings. In addition, as you get into several weeks of dieting your body starts to feel tired, you start getting mood swings, and at times, you may even encounter some depression.
- While some of the fat loss products in the market do offer temporary relief for these symptoms they are way too high in stimulants, which after weeks of use may lead to neurotransmitter burn out as well as adrenal burnout. Both of these conditions worsen the problems of mood swings, depression and low energy. Worst of all, these two conditions lead to reduced thyroid function.
- Less thyroid activity means that your dieting and training efforts will be sabotaged as you won’t be able to lose body fat or feed your muscles effectively (since thyroid is the hormone that regulates one’s metabolism).
Effective Fat Loss Supplement
- There are certain fat burning supplements such as QNT Riptek , that can be taken in order to offset the problems that arise when implementing a proper fat loss program and that can help you to increase thyroid function, increase energy, improve your mood, protect you from burnout, maintain mental clarity, reduce cravings, and of course, increase your metabolism and burn fat!-