Depression is much more common than we think. It is a mood disorder that is debilitating and that affects millions around the world. Statistics show that 13% of US citizens now take antidepressants. This is something that should not be neglected because depression can easily lead to suicide. You want to be able to identify the signs of depression at all times. If you do not do this, you or someone that you love may be faced with serious problems.
Unfortunately, so many think that this condition does not exist. This is a dangerous belief. Take a look at all the signs that we highlight below in order to see if you or someone else may suffer from depression. If this is suspected, try to get help as fast as possible. The sooner help is gained, the higher the possibility that recover will be complete! Even going to a chiropractor for a relaxing treatment can do wonders for you.
Common Symptoms And Signs
The big problem is that depression will vary from one individual to the next. However, we do have some really common symptoms and signs that tend to appear more often than others. You want to remember that some of these can be associated with low life moments. However, if they continue for a long time or they are strong, depression may be the case. The really common symptoms and signs you need to remember are the following:
· Feeling hopelessness and helplessness – Having this bleak outlook can have a snowball effect in the sense that it leads to the condition becoming worse and worse.
· Daily activity interest loss – The affected person does not really care much about past pastimes or hobbies. The ability to feel pleasure and joy is basically lost.
· Weight changes or appetite changes – Any significant weight gain or weight loss can be caused by psychological reasons.
· Irritability or anger – A depressed person often feels restless, violent or agitated. Tolerance to these feelings will be quite low.
· Energy losses – When you feel sluggish, physically drained without doing much or fatigued, it is possible to be depressed. The entire body basically ends up affected by the depression and energy levels will be pretty low.
· Reckless behavior – When suffering from depression you will not feel much about you and your well-being.
· Problems concentrating – Depressed people often have troubles in making decisions, remembering things or simply focusing.
· Pains and aches that are unexplained – Physical complaints increases like backaches and headaches without any medical reason can be signs of depression.
It is very important that you go to a doctor as soon as depression is suspected. The idea is that there are some conditions that will lead to the symptoms and signs that we highlighted above. It is important that a clear diagnosis is put before treatment starts. A failure to do this can make everything worse for the individual as the medical condition would become worse.
On the whole, working with professionals and seeking help is the most important thing with depression. Always focus on this so that the best decision can be made.
Depression is hard to deal with. It can appear after divorces and basically any moment in life. That is why the article about the signs and symptoms was written. Always consult specialists when this is suspected.