Thank you to all who joined in for another great Pilates and Paddle Event last weekend; Tyler and I are really enjoying teaching and seeing you rise to the dual core challenges of pilates on the beach and stand up paddling on the ocean. Funds from the pilates class have been donated to Waves for Water, supporting their work to bring clean water to global communities in need. Thanks for your support!
Due to increasing demand, I will be adding multiple community beach classes to my schedule and welcome all to join in. Starting next week, I will be teaching;
1) Tuesdays, 4pm. The Malibu Beach Inn. On the beach, weather and tide permitting. Indoors overlooking the ocean when high tide/fog prevails.
2) Sundays, 9am. Malibu Beach Road, public beach.
3) Pilates and Paddle; July 13, 8-10am. Malibu Beach Road, public beach.
To bring; mat, towel, water, sunscreen, enthusiasm!
Cost; $15 or pay what you can
Please contact me to confirm details and reserve your spot.
Very best to all!
Come celebrate National Pilates Day with fun in the sun! While the official day is May 4, we are celebrating in Malibu on Saturday May 18, 8-10am with 2 dynamic core activities; Pilates on the beach and Paddle Boarding. Challenge yourself to move in new directions, while enjoying dynamic people, and building community in the spectacular outdoors. Please join me, and Tyler Lennon of Cove Paddle FItness (featured in Men's Health Magazine http://www.menshealth.com/
I appreciate this article from Mark Sisson, highlighting how our connection to others (our tribe), being present, and forgiveness (get over it and move forward!) are to our personal well being, and to the survival of the fittest:). Enjoy reading; http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-habits-of-highly-successful-hunter-gatherers/#axzz2HXNHTCtd
Still feeling a bit sluggish from the holidays? Looking for new ways to fulfill your New Year’s resolution? Or perhaps just looking for a change in your fitness routine? Why not enjoy a sunny morning workout on the shores of the Pacific…http://blog.malibubeachinn.com/post/39935318091/pilates
I wish you health, happiness, and courage to take on whatever challenges you choose in 2013. Now is the time to define goals and intentions for our lives, and to set the wheels in motion to achieve them. By taking action in 3 simple steps, we can see results immediately.
1. Define your top 3 goals; write them down; transforming thoughts into action raises them from one’s subconscious to conscious mind.
2. Say your goals out loud, as though you have already achieved them. Create your personal affirmation (ie. "I am strong and healthy"..). Visualize yourself having achieved your goal; what does is look and feel like? The more detailed you can make this image in your mind, the greater are your chances of achieving it. Imagery takes practice and this helps your mind realize it as a priority. Once defined, your intention will influence your choices, willpower and actions for the positive. Say your affirmation out loud morning and night, to allow both your waking and sleeping states to process the goal.
3. Build a partnership. Tell a friend and ask them to be your advocate/coach or your work out partner. Bring a trainer on board and talk to them about your goals. ALIGNING OURSELVES WITH OTHERS WHO SUPPORT OUR GOALS EMPOWERS US TO ACHIEVE THEM. Create your own "A" team of people to keep you moving to your goal, and enjoy the ride!!
Enjoy a sunny morning on the shores of the Pacific with Pilates at the beach. Jennifer Beamer Fernandez’s classes are founded upon classical Pilates technique and infused with strength and conditioning exercises tailored to each client. From beginners to elite athletes, all are welcome. By focusing on full body engagement, precise form, breathing, and spinal and pelvic alignment, Jennifer guides clients to identify their deep core power and to perform fluid, energizing movements, maximizing results while minimizing tension. Mat classes are available onsite, either on secluded Carbon Beach or in a private suite. When scheduling a class, please specify experience and any area you would like to focus on so that Jennifer may prepare a class designed to meet your interests.
Bring in the New Year with the Malibu Beach Inn; see the following link for specials and events;