Monday, July 21, 2014 • Danville, CA 94506
1. Set goals - Start with a short term goal that's attainable. Be realistic and build from that short term goal. Accomplishing your short term goal will eventually help you establish a long term goal. For instance, if you have not exercise for a while, you can set a short term goal of walking 15 minutes a day 3 times a week. Then, set a long term goal of joining a 5k race.
2. Make it fun - Find a physical activity that you like. If you like lifting weights, then join a gym or workout from home. Its hard to stay motivated if you don't enjoy doing it.
3. Make exercise as your regular routine - Make it part of you. Create a schedule within your daily routine that specifically involves exercise. You can train before work or after work. It requires very little time.
4. Make your self accountable - Write down your goals. For example, you want to lose 10lbs in 3 months. Put it on a calendar.
5. Don't do it alone - ask a friend, family, neighbor or join a support group that's have the same fitness goal as you. Having the support make it a lot easier to accomplish your fitness goal.
6. Reward yourself - savor the moment of finishing a tough workout. Pad yourself in the back. Be proud of your accomplishment. For example, if you lost inches on your waist, buy yourself a new pair of pants.
Stick to these tips and surely you will succeed with your fitness goals.
Remember, Rome was not built on a day. Slow progress is better than no progress.