High-Protein Pancakes Recipe
(Feeds 2 Hungry Beasts)
- 5 egg whites + 1 whole egg (or 1 cup of egg whites)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of uncooked oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 scoops of protein powder (whey, casein, or a 1:1 ratio of both)
- 2 teaspoons of peanut (or almond) butter
- Dried/fresh-fruit topping (raisins, craisins, blueberries, etc.)
- Maple syrup (suger-free), Jelly, Jam, or Honey
- Begin by adding 5 egg whites (separating the egg whites from the yolk) and 1 whole egg to your blender.
- Next, add the milk, and start blending on the lowest setting.
- While blending, add the vanilla extract and cinnamon. (If you wish to add peanut or almond butter, do so during this step).
- Add the uncooked oatmeal and turn the dial up to medium-high on the blender.
- Lastly, add your two scoops of protein.
***At this point, your batch should look like a standard batch of pancake batter***
- Set your stove to medium-low.
- Pre-heat a small/medium frying pan for 1-2 minutes.
- Spray down with some non-stick cooking spray (i.e. Pam)
- Depending on the size of pancakes you wish to make, pour out approximately 1/3 – 1/2 cup of the mix into the frying pan.
- Allow the pancake to sit for 1-1.5 minutes before flipping.
- Let the other side cook for 1.5 to 2 minutes before removing from frying pan.
- Repeat steps 1-6 until batch is finished.
Tip: This high-protein pancakes recipe is great for both pre and post-workout replenishment. I like to keep a stack in the fridge ready to nuke and consume after training.