Friday, February 04, 2011 • Philadelphia, PA 19106
This tastes awesome, is healthy, easy and quick to make.
From Giada De Laurentiis's cookbook Everyday Italian
- 2 (6-ounce) cans dark meat tuna, packed in olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
"In a large bowl add the tuna with its olive oil and the salt and pepper. Break up the tuna into bite-size pieces, then gently toss in the beans and onions. Drizzle with the red wine vinegar and season with more salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the salad to plates and serve."
She says "You can add other ingredients to jazz it up like 1/2 cup capers, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, and some fresh basil leaves, and you could even serve it over 2 cups fresh arugula."
To learn more about Giada take a look at her website:
Brindo alla vita!