Drop 2 Jeans Sizes in 8 Weeks? It’s Possible!
Novi’s Fitness Together Launches The Great Jeans Challenge, Chance at $100 Towards New Jeans
Novi, MI – Spring is in the air, and Novi consumers are starting to think about whittling down wardrobes and waistlines.
“Now is the time to start a reasonable fitness and nutrition routine that will allow consumers to achieve their weight loss goals before Summer,” said Boo Sadikot, owner of Fitness Together in Novi “That way, you aren’t forced to resort to a crash diet or aggressive workout routine that won’t produce healthy, long-term results.”
Sadikot offers the following tips for developing a healthy, eight-week fitness and nutrition program:
1. Find a support system: It’s proven that people are more motivated to work out or stick to a healthy nutrition program if they know that a close friend, spouse, or peer are going through the same motions. Knowing that your friends or peers are relying on you to show up to your group exercises creates a deeper level of commitment, and remember to celebrate results along the way.
2. Ease in to new eating habits: Instead of making rash decisions like cleaning out all of the food in your pantry and exercising seven days a week when you have rarely made it to the gym once a week, set up a schedule of small behavioral changes that support your overall fitness goals. This will help break up your goal into small incremental changes so that your new active lifestyle not only becomes more manageable but provides opportunity to celebrate successes.
3. Keep it simple to start: The secret to success is a three-pronged approach:
· Strength-train a minimum of three times a week.
· Get in at least 30 minutes of cardio most days of the week (and preferably daily).
· Eat healthy, eat light, and eat often.
4. Switch it Up: While you do need a fitness and nutrition regimen, it is important to switch up your equipment, type of exercises and meals. If you do the same thing every week, or eat similar foods every day, you won’t be excited about your eight week plan and less likely to stick to it.
Fitness Together in Novi offers all of the above in a new small group personal training program. PACK™ training combines the energy of up to four people with coaching from a certified trainer, all in a private setting. From swinging battle ropes at full speed to using suspension trainers to conduct pull-ups, PACK™ training participants engage in total body movements designed for maximum results – a similar approach to a professional athlete’s training, yet scaled to meet each person’s fitness level.
Starting March 20, 2012 Fitness Together is challenging Novi consumers to drop two jeans sizes in eight weeks through PACK and the Great Jeans Challenge. During this challenge, consumers will work out three times a week for eight consecutive weeks with certified personal trainers in a small group personal training environment of like-minded individuals with the same weight loss and waistline reduction goals. If they reach their goal, they’ll receive $100 towards the purchase of a new, smaller pair of jeans.
For more information about the Great Jeans Challenge and small group personal training at the Fitness Together in Novi, please call 248 348 9230 or visit www.fitnesstogether.com/novi