Five Tips to Avoid Skipping Your Workout
As New Year’s resolutions start becoming stale around this time of the year and opportunities arise to trade in daily workouts for work and personal extracurricular activities, you may be tempted to skip your workout and derail your health and fitness goals.
To help keep you focused on your ultimate fitness goals and ensure your workout commitments stay intact this spring, incorporate the following five techniques for continued health and fitness throughout the year.
· Change it Up: If your workouts are getting dull, start the spring season off fresh by trying a new workout routine or activity. If you’re lacking motivation and looking for a social outlet, try small group personal training sessions that offer sweat pumping total body exercises in a fun, upbeat environment. Or, one-on-one personal training can keep you on track with a customized workout and nutrition plan designed to meet your specific health and fitness goals.
· Pen it In: Regularly scheduled workouts make exercising a priority in your busy life and turn a tentative penciled in obligation into an inked commitment. By making routine fitness appointments with yourself, you eliminate the urge to second guess yourself or make excuses for bailing on your workout.
· Buddy Up: When a friend is relying on you to show up for your workout each and every day, you are less likely to skip out on your fitness routine. Find a buddy to work out with to increase your accountability, add a social aspect to your routine and have someone to share the journey with to overall health and fitness.
· Scale it Back: While you would love to have a full hour to work out every single day, you know that isn’t always possible. Instead of bailing on your workout, though, when your schedule gets tight, opt for a scaled-down version of your regular routine. Focus on quality over quantity by reducing the number of exercises you do, but increase the intensity of the exercises so you can still get in a good sweat even when you’re limited on time.
· Reward Yourself: To stay motivated with your workout routine, it’s important to focus your outlook and approach on positive measures. Reward yourself with positive reinforcement each time you reach a health and fitness goal and celebrate your successes with your friends, family and workout buddies when you accomplish major fitness milestones.
Stay on track with your fitness routine this spring by implementing the above fitness tips into your daily life. You will be glad you did when swimsuit season hits full force this summer and you have accomplished the health and fitness goals you set for yourself at the start of the year.
If you need help with keeping your workout commitments strong this season, the personal training experts at Fitness Together are here to help you look better, feel better and perform better than you ever thought possible throughout the year. Call or come into our local studio today to re-commit yourself to living a healthy and fit lifestyle. 248 348 9230