“Top 5 Must Have Daily” Apps – Utilizing Smartphone Technology to Enhance Your Business Experience
Are Smartphones getting smarter or are we just learning how to utilize them more effectively? The smartphoneapplication marketplace is rapidly growing and highly intuitive to the needs of consumers. As a result, consumers are now using Apps for much more than a game of Candy Crush with a friend or sharing selfies on Instagram. Entrepreneurs and professionals of all sorts are integrating a variety of smartphone Apps to increase knowledge, enhance services and create low cost/no cost marketing opportunities to improve and boost business.
Prior to starting my own health coaching business, Q Movements, my Apps usage mainly consisted of music, maps, sports, and social media. I enjoyed and appreciated the instant touch of the index finger access to updates from my inner circle.
Now as a small business owner, my App needs, selection and usage has expanded immensely. In fact, I make sure to visit the Apple App store frequently so as to stay on top of trends and in tune with technology.
I’ve created my own “Top 5 Must Have Apps” list of the Apps I use daily which have positively impacted both my business and personal life. I’m sharing my list in hopes you may seriously consider exploring and expanding your App usage for enhancing your business and lifestyle.
1. FaceTime: FaceTime is a feature specific to Mac products. It’s basically a video call. I have an iPhone and honestly never used FaceTime until I started my business. I use FaceTime regularly now to screen new clients, conduct health coaching sessions and develop strong connections with my clients.
The App is easy to use and the audio & video stream is quite clean and consistent. FaceTime is a useful and effective tool that saves me time & money daily instead of having to travel to make all my connections.
2. Spotify: Spotify is one of many great digital music Apps on the market. For me, this App serves dual purpose. I personally enjoy music and appreciate Motown’s best groves to 90’s grunge to Latin jazz and just about everything in between. Music is my cheap therapy. It uplifts, calms, soothes, excites and inspires me. Spotify is also a great asset for my business.
The Spotify App provides the perfect background vibe for my group & personal training and meditation sessions. It’s fun for me to create special playlists for my clients. It’s amazing how the right tunes can motivate movement. Spotify is a free App however it’s well worth the $10.81 a month fee for access from all my devices and commercial free listening.
3. Audible: Anyone who knows me knows I love to learn. Audible is one of the leading providers of digital audiobooks. Because I spend a lot of time in my car, I decided to use my time more wisely by listing to a variety of books using Audible. Three Simple Steps, written by Trevor Blake was my first audiobook and the rest is history. I strive to listen to at least two books a month. I’ve increased my knowledge in areas of financial management, communication, marketing and sales. Remember knowledge is power.
4. Chase Mobile Banking/ Payment App: Banking Apps are an outstanding resource and tool for entrepreneurs and business professionals. Financial management is critical in all levels of business. I particularly appreciate the ability to deposit checks anytime and anywhere with my smartphone.
Banking is made super convenient with total access to business and personal accounts 24/7. I’m now able to accept credit and debit cards payments. This added convenience factor for my clients has helped to increase revenue.
6. Social Media: No Top 5 App list is complete without including one of several social media Apps. Facebook, Pintrest, LinkedIn, Vine, Google+, YouTube and Twitter are all excellent Apps for creating free marketing opportunities for your business.
I frequently use these Apps to promote my business and connect with clients. It’s also a great way for your current and potential clients to learn more about your brand. Images, text, and videos can be composed and uploaded to some or all your social media Apps to alert your connections with promotions, information and updates for your business instantly.
The App marketplace is full of interesting, fun and amazing Apps on business, education, finance, news, food, travel, lifestyle and my personal favorites health and fitness. I encourage you to take time and visit your App store and explore new Apps weekly that could benefit your business, services and revenue.
Now back to my opening question, “Are smartphones getting smarter or are we just learning how to use them more effectively?”
I believe investing time in to utilizing your resources more effectively is definitely evidence of elevated intelligence. Smartphones don’t equal smarter business. Smarter entrepreneurs equal smarter business.
Article published on Latin Business Today website:
Go Further Today is a strong belief in my wellness coaching philosophy. I believe in developing strong relationships built on trust and honesty to help educate, encourage and empower women to reach and maintain a healthy balanced lifestyle.
My style of health coaching connects the mind and body in order to achieve optimal wellness results. I enjoy keeping training fresh by constantly creating new custom and effective workouts. I specialize in resistance training for weight management, increased strength and improved cardiovascular health.
I practice meditation daily and love to integrate various forms of meditative practices in to my coaching.