- Never Skip Breakfast.
- It helps get your metabolism started and gives you energy to start your day. Studies have shown that those who skip breakfast tend to gain weight. Your breakfast should consist of Complex carbohydrates and Protein.
- Drink water all day long.
- Water helps your metabolism. It also helps to lose weight, by flushing by products of fat breakdown. Hunger can also be mistaken for dehydration. When you start to feel hungry, drink a glass of water first and see if that satisfies you.
- Find foods you should start eating rather than ones you should stop.
- Cutting out the bad foods is good but then what is left to eat. Start thinking about what you should be eating. What foods are going to give you fuel for the day. Nutritious foods are low in calories and you will be able to eat more and fill satisfied.
4. Find a Friend that also wants to workout and eat healthy.
- Having someone else that has the same goals helps to keep you motivated. You will have someone to workout and eat healthy with. Having someone to talk to that is going through the same struggles and experiences you are helps to keep you pushing through to the next day.
5. Eat slow.
- It takes time for your body to digest food and know how full you really are. Slow down and give your body time to tell you what it needs instead of stuffing yourself until you feel sick.
6. Kick your Stress or Depression to the curb with exercise.
- Studies have shown that exercise can help relieve stress and eliminate symptoms of depression.
7. Eat Real Foods.
- Eat fruits, vegetables, grains, fish and meat. Un-processed foods are easy for the body to digest and have more nutrients. They also do not contain hidden ingredients or calories.
- Don’t put your health off until later, do it now.
- Eat like a kid.
- Eating many small meals a day can help keep your metabolism working and keep you from starving and over eating.
Sour cream has become a common item in households across America. It is used for dips, toppings on food, dressing, baking, ect.
But there is a better option, plain yogurt. If there were two bowls set side by side, one with sour cream and one with yogurt it would be very hard to tell the difference.
I don’t even buy sour cream any more. We only use yogurt.
Sour Cream-Serving Size 1 cup Plain Yogurt- Serving Size 1 cup
Calories: 478 Calories: 154
Total Fat: 45g Total Fat: 3.8g
Sat. Fat: 41g Sat. Fat: 2.45g
Cholesterol: 0mg Cholesterol: 15mg
Sodium: 235mg Sodium: 172mg
Fiber: 0g Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 15g Sugars: 17.25g
Protein: 6g Protein: 12.86g
Its time to kick those diets and become Healthy! I know that this seems really scary but its not. The best way to achieve a healthy lifestyle is to go at it one day at a time. Start by doing things that you know you can handle. Trying to cut out everything at once is not the answer, it is overwhelming and extremely hard to stick to. This can end up putting you right back at square one. Here are a few things that you can start off with.
Start by making a list of what you eat for a week. Make sure that you include condiments, drinks and all the little things that you sneak in and try to forget about throughout the day. Once the week is up, take a look at your list and pick out one thing that you eat regularly and know is bad for you and CUT it out!!
For example: Mayo on your sandwiches. Try Avocado instead, it will still give you the moisture of mayo with out all the fat. Replacing avocado for mayo when making a tuna fish sandwich is also very good.
Drink a lot of water! Water is so important for all of the cells in our bodies to function correctly. Water also, helps flush out the toxins in the kidneys and when the body does not have enough water the liver becomes overworked and can not metabolize FAT. Being dehydrated can also make the body think that it’s hungry, when all you really need is water. Water, also helps to keep your metabolism running, the more you drink the more your body works. Water is free at most restaurants and is a miracle worker, why would you not drink it!
Yesterday, for the first time since I had shoulder surgery in February, I was able to do one of my famous circuit workouts. In the middle of my workout, with sweet running down my face, I remembered how much that I love burpies!
I think they could be one of the best full body workouts there is. If your are short on time, on vacation in a hotel, or are wanting to workout at the house, this is your exercise. 4 sets of your max, of as many burpies that you can do, will have your heart racing and your bottom burning. If you want a little extra you can add a push up.
Hope you can learn to love Burpies as much as I do!
“Diet” I think, could be my most hated word. It can cause people to react in many different ways, none that usually are good.
One reaction may be to start thinking of all the bad food that you are not going to be able to eat, the second the word diet is mentioned. For many, when the mind starts thinking of one thing it is hard to get if off your mind, making it very hard to stick to the foods that you are allowed to eat.
The mention of a diet can make people dread the days to come. Knowing that every day is going to be a challenge. Knowing that you are going to have to talk yourself out of eating foods that you see or are craving and eating foods that have no flavor or that you don’t like, can take a toll on people.
Binge eating, for some reason comes close behind after starting a diet. People think that they have done so good that they need to reward themselves with everything in sight.
No Fat and No Carbs are also common with diets. But the thing is you need the right carbs and fats so that your body can get all if its nutrients and be healthy. Instead of learning that there are good and bad ones, they just get cut out all together.
Diet to some can also mean, eat nothing. This could be one of the worst ways to loose fat. If being unhealthy and having the scale drop is the goal then it might be a good thing.
The Diet is now over and the feeling of one or more these has happened, a few pounds were lost and then, right back to your old ways. Im going to guess that many have gained the weight back maybe even more than when you started.
Whats the plan next, keep eating bad, gaining or staying the same weight, until you get up the courage to go on another diet. Why not consider trying to eat healthier. Make being a healthy eater a new lifestyle and get rid of the awful, DIET!
Hello everyone! This is my first time writing a blog, so I don't really know what to expect. I wanted to start off by introducing myself.
I am 25 years old and currently live in TX. I grew up in the California where I had always be very active; I was a gymnasts, soccer player, cheerleader and rodeoed. I have always loved being in shape and eating right, but it wasn't until I moved to TX to go to college on a Rodeo Scholarship that I really feel in love with Health and Fitness! I graduated with a Bachelor degree in Kinesiology.
Since college, I have become an ACE certified Personal Trainer, a competitive Cheerleading and Gymnastics Coach and I write a Health article in the Rodeo Fame Magazine.
I love being able to help people reach there health and fitness goals. I know that everyone has the ability to reach them, sometimes people just need a little guidance and thats where I came in. People have the tools they just don't know how to use them!
My goal is to help people become Health for life. Not to give you quick weight loss pills or diets, that will never stay off and you will be right back in the same boat. I want to help people learn how to make healthy choices for the rest of their lives, so that they are able to help there kids and generations to come.