Set the Right GoalsSetting the right goals is an important first step. Most people trying to lose weight focus just on weight loss. However, you’ll be more successful if you focus on dietary and exercise changes that lead to long-term weight change. Successful weight managers select no more than two or three goals at a time.
When it comes to change, mindset is one of the ultimate drivers in taking action towards achieving a goal. As a a person giving or receiving information, it is often just hearing the benefits and downfalls of certain strategies are not enough to bring an individual to the brink of action. In other words, you as an individual are entirely responsible for changing.
Please take a couple minutes out your day to read this. Great advice.
SUCCESS = Outcome Goals + Process Goals + Action + Accountability + Support + Incentives + The Deadline
Let's walk you through those 7 Steps.
1) Outcome Goals - This is simple. If you want to lose 15 pounds in 6 weeks, that's your Outcome Goal. It's your Vision. It's the Destination you want to arrive it in a given time frame. That's Goal Setting 101.
Here are 2 factors you should use in your training, starting today.
1. Consistency - No magic pills or potions will get you the body you want. No short cuts to success. You need to show up and train. Just showing up is the single most important thing.
Hungry already? When eating today, put your fork down between bites and thoroughly chew your food. It is a effortless way to cut calories and also to enjoy your food more. No fork food for lunch? Put that sandwich down between bites for the same effect.
This is from 'Engineering the Alpha' by John Romaniello & Adam Bornstein. PLEASE take note. I agree with all of them.
1. Fat doesn't make you fat. It is necessary for hormonal balance.
2. Heavy weights don't make you bulky. Don't fear them, they are your friend.
3. Yoga is not for girls.
4. Muscle does not weigh more than fat. But fat does take up a lot more space than muscle.
Use my DP2 formula. Trust me, if you have these 4 on your side, you will not fail.
... Refuse to allow your limitations from achieving your desired outcome.
Do the physical work required..
Set aside time in your busy life to train, staying focused on your goal.