Please take a couple minutes out your day to read this. Great advice.
SUCCESS = Outcome Goals + Process Goals + Action + Accountability + Support + Incentives + The Deadline
Let's walk you through those 7 Steps.
1) Outcome Goals - This is simple. If you want to lose 15 pounds in 6 weeks, that's your Outcome Goal. It's your Vision. It's the Destination you want to arrive it in a given time frame. That's Goal Setting 101.
Here are 2 factors you should use in your training, starting today.
1. Consistency - No magic pills or potions will get you the body you want. No short cuts to success. You need to show up and train. Just showing up is the single most important thing.
Hungry already? When eating today, put your fork down between bites and thoroughly chew your food. It is a effortless way to cut calories and also to enjoy your food more. No fork food for lunch? Put that sandwich down between bites for the same effect.
This is from 'Engineering the Alpha' by John Romaniello & Adam Bornstein. PLEASE take note. I agree with all of them.
1. Fat doesn't make you fat. It is necessary for hormonal balance.
2. Heavy weights don't make you bulky. Don't fear them, they are your friend.
3. Yoga is not for girls.
4. Muscle does not weigh more than fat. But fat does take up a lot more space than muscle.
Use my DP2 formula. Trust me, if you have these 4 on your side, you will not fail.
... Refuse to allow your limitations from achieving your desired outcome.
Do the physical work required..
Set aside time in your busy life to train, staying focused on your goal.
Days where is harder to exercise. Your sore. It is raining. You gave a slight headache. Excuses. That is exactly the time you need to exercise. You will be glad you did. Trust me on that. Have a fantastic Thursday.
At last night's soccer practice my son was kicked in the knee, ankle and stomach. Even had a ball kicked flush into his head. Did he cry a few times? Sure. Did he go back in a play? Yes. He was rewarded for his persistence by scoring a excellent goal on me of all people. Why am i telling you this? Because if my 7 year old son doesn't give up, neither should you or I. Got it? Good.
1. Be positive. Believe you can do this.
2. Do 2 extra reps with each exercise.
3. Finish your training off with this. a. 6 squats. b. 6 push ups. c. 6 reverse lunges. Do has many rounds in 5 min
Have a great Monday!
Eating healthly is often limited to the person, not information. The information is out there,although some information is better than others.
The main reason you don't change is because of you. So the number one thing you need to change is adherence- your abilty to stick with the plan. So it you having trouble, make those changes slowly, and choose things to which you know you can adhere