This is from 'Engineering the Alpha' by John Romaniello & Adam Bornstein. PLEASE take note. I agree with all of them.
1. Fat doesn't make you fat. It is necessary for hormonal balance.
2. Heavy weights don't make you bulky. Don't fear them, they are your friend.
3. Yoga is not for girls.
4. Muscle does not weigh more than fat. But fat does take up a lot more space than muscle.
1. Lifting weights means you can eat more without getting fat.
2. It’s higher intensity than most cardio so raises your metabolism. This causes quicker (and longer term) fat loss.
3. Lifting weights will not make you big….cupcakes will make you big
4. lift like a man …look like a goddess
When you diet you usually restrict your carbs, fat or both. When you really restrict your fat intake, it may lower your testosterone. Low carb diet could reduce your thyroid hormone ( you know the one that regulates your metabolism).
Have your attention? Good. The best fat burning exercise changes from person to person. The best fat burning exercise is something you're no good at (for me it's burpees burpees) .Cause the more efficient or the easier the exercise is for you, the less fat you will burn. 30 min of treadmill walking doesn't cut it. Please try something different today
Your waistline will thank you.
Hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils. Otherwise known as TRANS FAT. This has been linked too heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Along with sugar it is enemy number one. These things are added to make food taste good. BEWARE!
Weight loss and gain are driven by hormones. Insulin is the hormone you need to get under control if you want to burn fat and lose weight. Eating too many foods that break down into sugar, releases insulin into the blood, and then your fat burning ability is down the drain. You may already know this but it is good to hear it again
SUGAR IS THE ENEMY!
Make one simple change and your results will sky rocket.
If you are in the process of losing weight or you wan to trim a few extra pounds aviod these 3 foods.
1. Canola Oil- Processing and refining of Canola oil leads to the creation of TRANS FATS which can do all Kinds of nasty things to your waist line and health. Use Olive oil instead.
Have you been eating salad after salad while trying to lose a few extra pounds, only to find that it's not working? I used to do that as well. I'll give you a few things to think about. 1) What protein do you include with your salad; 2) What fat are you enjoying with your salad?