HIIT involves alternating brief bouts of cardio ( 30 sec - 3 min) of high intensity with a rest or a recovery period. Anything can be used from a treadmill, bodyweight, bike to a rowing machine. Now this is not just for the super fit. Anyone can do this if you follow these 3 guidelines.
Empty the tank with one of these 2 workout finishers
1. Countdown- 2 exercises 1a. High knees or run on the spot 1 b. Bodyweight Squat. Start at 20 reps for high knees then without rest do 20 bodyweight squats. The go down by 2 and do 18 high knees then 18 bodyweight squats. The 16, 14 , 12 , 10 all the way down to 2. Low impact way of cranking your heart rate.
2. Upper Body Tabata's. - resistance band. 20 sec work 10 sec rest- adavanced. 15/15. Intermd. 10sec work/ 20 sec rest beginner.
One of my favorite trainings. Get to it!
Workout of the Day. Kettlebell Density Training.
Intsructions. 8 reps per set. Each set takes no more than 1 min. 5 exercises done has a circuit. Do 4 rounds.
1. KB jump squats
2. KB Split squats 8 reps each leg
3. KB uneven pushups. 8 on each arm
4. KB Rows 8 on each arm
A little gift from me to tahnk you for following my blogTodays training. Tabata's 20 sec work /10 sec rest/
1. Front plank 20ses/ side plank 10 sec/Front plank 20 sec/ side plank 10sec 4 rounds.
2. Resistance band chest press 20/10 8 rounds
3. Speed squats 20/10 8 rounds
4. Resistance band rows. 20/10 8 rounds
5. High knees 20/10 8 rounds