The phrase Interval Training is very often said. But what does it mean?Interval Training can be either of the following:Heart rate /Zone training or a mix of weights and cardiovascular in the same workoutOn a basic level interval training is the raising and lowering of the heart rate during a given workout. So, why do we want to raise and lower the heart rate? For years the answer has been because it helps you lose weight faster. Well that answer is correct, but how do you lose weight faster.
Steady state cardio if you are trying to trim a few pounds. According to The article, published in Obesity Reviews (Vol. 13 Issue 6), explained that cardio doesn't work for FOUR reasons:
•1 Some people eat more when they start a cardio program
•2 Calorie burning at rest often decreases with cardio
•3 Calorie-burning muscle tissue is often lost
•4 Cardio programs cause you to do less activity over the day
1. Be positive. Believe you can do this.
2. Do 2 extra reps with each exercise.
3. Finish your training off with this. a. 6 squats. b. 6 push ups.c. 6 reverse lunges. Do has many rounds in 5 min
Have a great Thursday
Use this at the end of your training today to empty the tank or a stand alone training if you lack time to get the gym. Can be done anywhere. Enjoy
Your circuit looks like this:
1. Body-Weight Squat: Do 9 reps
2. Pushup: Do 9 reps
3. Jumping Jacks: Do 9 reps
That's one round. Your pace is determined by your fitness: You can rest as needed between each exercise—simply go by "feel."
Do a total of 9 rounds. Try to complete the entire workout in 9 minutes or less.
Challenge your balance and your core after your main training this Friday.
BALANCE FINISHER- SINGLE LEG BALANCE. 20 seconds work and 10 sec rest 4 rounds on each leg. Bend your knee slightly, feel all the weight in the back of your heel take opposite foot off the ground and hold for 20 sec. Rest 10 sec and do the other leg.
Smoke your legs and your core with this short but intense circuit.
1. Bodyweight Speed Squats 1min
2. Front plank 30 seconds.
rest 30 seconds
3. Jumping jacks or jump rope 1min
4. Side plank 30 seconds each side.
Rest 1 min and repeat 1 or 2 more times.
Enjoy. Have a great weekend.
1. 6 reps Prisoner Squat ( Place hands behing ears with upper arms parallel to the ground and go into a full squat)
2. 6 pushups
3. 6 Prisoner forward lunges- alternating. 6 on each leg
Do has a circuit. Go has quickly has you can for 5 min. Record how many rounds you did and beat it next time. Have a great weekend!
End your week with a bang and empty the tank with these 2 lower body finishers.
20 sec work/10 sec rest advanced or 10 sec work /20 sec rest intermed/ Beg. Alternate between the 2 exercises. 4 rounds of each for a total of 8 rounds.
1. Speed squats. 2. Front plank.
1. alternating side lunges 2. Side planks( alternating sides. 2 rounds on each side for 4 total)
Enjoy and have a great weekend!