This year marks the 40th Anniversary of National Nutrition Month. The theme is “Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day.” I love it! As you well know, I am very vocal about fads. I am one that does not support “diets” or “fads”. I love this year’s theme, as it is realistic, attainable, and personal.
Yes, you can put this in the same headline. Yes, it does exist, along as the carbohydrates are of the unprocessed kind with fiber. Think peas, spinach, broccoli and a baked potatoes.
If you are in the process of losing weight keep this in mind, NEVER combine fat and carbs in the same meal. Limit your carb intake when eating fat.
A good rule of thumb is
If you are in the process of losing weight or you wan to trim a few extra pounds aviod these 3 foods.
1. Canola Oil- Processing and refining of Canola oil leads to the creation of TRANS FATS which can do all Kinds of nasty things to your waist line and health. Use Olive oil instead.
Now i have your attention. Don't blame your training program for your lack of results. Ask your self these series of questions before you make a change
1. Are you being consistent?
2. Sleeping enough?
3. Eating clean?
4. Are you putting in the effort? Just showing up will not get it done.
Be honest. Small" tweaks" can lead to better results. Change the small things before you change the 'big' things.
Knew that would get your attention. We are slammed everyday with words, and images and TV shows showing you the best diet and the best training program However the best for YOU is one that is sustainable in the long term So ask yourself that question next time you hear about the next wiz bang program or diet plan. Can i follow this year from now? 2? If the answer is no, then move on and find your YES.
Spring is around the corner, which can provide you the opportunity for a brand-new, you! Your nutritional intake may need an overhaul from the long winter, or just in general. I have a few tips that may help ditch the bad nutrition habits, and give you a healthy fresh start. Let’s spring clean those nutritional habits. Overhaul your cupboards
Get back on track this Monday(after our awesome weekend) with my 2 step plan
1. EATING SUPER LOW CARB - Personally, I find the best way to reset my system and get my hunger pangs under control. Eating high quality proteins ( chicken, pork, nuts) every 3-4 hours during the day WILL help.
2. Drinking cold water - Mentioned this before. It helps with the Carb bloat and will spark your metabolism cause your body has to heat the water to up to use it. Therefore burning calories. Drink half your Bodyweight in ounces.
Your most important asset is YOURSELF! It's your own body, and without a healthy one, it will limit what the rest of your life can be. I just want everyone to make sure to make your own physical fitness a priortity. If your body is feeling strong, your mind and heart will feel strong as well. Nobody should ever neglect their own health at the expense of an easy, fast-food meal, or diet pill. So much scientific evidence shows the advantages of spending a few extra minutes on a home cooked meal and a solid expecise plan. I have been a cook for man
( Hint when your body needs them the most)
Carbs are NOT evil in these 3 situations
1. MORNING- You have fasted all night(hopefully), so when you wake up there is more room 'in the tank" to store carbs. Good examples are Steel cut oatmeal and Yogurt.
After a great week of training and eating clean, sometimes we let it all out on the weekend and undo some of those gains we have made during the week. I have been guilty of that. Now with that in mind here are 3 tips to keep you on the straight and narrow.
1. Say NO to supersize- As fast food is cheap and easy to produce, supersizing your order gets the fast food chain richer and our waist lines, well poorer.