I hear people complain about not getting the results they desire from the gym. They work out like demons and yet, they don't feel like they are reaping the rewards for all their hard work. This prompts me to ask them "What is your diet like?", and that's usually when I get the "I know, I can eat better" or "It's been good lately" or "I eat good". That's when I become a little more curious and I ask them to walk me through a typical daily meal plan.
Men's Health came up with a list( yeah that is their thing because men have a short attention span) with foods that make you happy, healthy and help you live longer. Thought I would share. Introduce these to your pantry ASAP.
I realize we are all going to eat and drink more than we should this weekend. Me included. We have all earnt some time off this weekend. However do this to help minimize the damage.
1. Start your day with a high-protein, high-fiber breakfast each morning. This will keep you full for a long time and just hopefully you big out less the rest of the day.
1. Put your fork down when you chew.
Or take a sip of water between each bite—eating slowly can boost levels of two hormones that make you feel fuller. You also will not be tempted to eat to fast and you will enjoy every bite.
2. Training before lunch or dinner.
Post workout of course! Your muscles that you will train hard today will soak up" extra nutrients - especially carbohydrates like a sponge. It more technical terms the enegry will be used and stored in your muscles, instead of you waistline. Also have lean protein has well.
Pairing lean protein will carbs after a training will is optimal fpr recovery.
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY
Want to get lean? Protein will help you get there. My go to sources are
1. Eggs - Eat the whole egg. The yolk is actually the most nutrient
dense portion of the egg, providing a ton of vitamins and minerals. 6 grams per egg of muscle building protein.
2. Pork - The "other" white meat, just as lean as chicken when you get the right cut. Go with the Pork lion or boneless pork chops.