I realize we are all going to eat and drink more than we should this weekend. Me included. We have all earnt some time off this weekend. However do this to help minimize the damage.
1. Start your day with a high-protein, high-fiber breakfast each morning. This will keep you full for a long time and just hopefully you big out less the rest of the day.
1. Put your fork down when you chew.
Or take a sip of water between each bite—eating slowly can boost levels of two hormones that make you feel fuller. You also will not be tempted to eat to fast and you will enjoy every bite.
2. Training before lunch or dinner.
Post workout of course! Your muscles that you will train hard today will soak up" extra nutrients - especially carbohydrates like a sponge. It more technical terms the enegry will be used and stored in your muscles, instead of you waistline. Also have lean protein has well.
Pairing lean protein will carbs after a training will is optimal fpr recovery.
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY
Want to get lean? Protein will help you get there. My go to sources are
1. Eggs - Eat the whole egg. The yolk is actually the most nutrient
dense portion of the egg, providing a ton of vitamins and minerals. 6 grams per egg of muscle building protein.
2. Pork - The "other" white meat, just as lean as chicken when you get the right cut. Go with the Pork lion or boneless pork chops.
If your losing at losing weight, you need to eat more protein. If your looking at gaining some muscle, you need to eat more protein. A good guide is 1 gram per ound of body weight. So if your 210 pounds and want to lose 20 pounds, you will need 190 grams of protein per day. Here are 3 ways to get more into your diet.
( Hint when your body needs them the most)
Carbs are NOT evil in these 3 situations
1. MORNING- You have fasted all night(hopefully), so when you wake up there is more room 'in the tank" to store carbs. Good examples are Steel cut oatmeal and Yogurt.
Aside from the obvious need to keep your body hydrated before, during and after your kettlebell workout with water, it is important that you FUEL your body in order to maximize the benefits of your workout.BEFOREOne to Two Hours Before (if you’re up that early!)Carbs with a little bit of protein (keep it under 200 calories).