1. Be positive. Believe you can do this.
2. Do 2 extra reps with each exercise.
3. Finish your training off with this. a. 6 squats. b. 6 push ups.c. 6 reverse lunges. Do has many rounds in 5 min
Have a great Thursday
Start with 6 lunge jumps then go straight into 6 squat jumps. The go straight into 7 lunge jumps( start with the opposite foot forward) then 7 squat jumps. Then 8, 9, 10 without rest. Keep going till you cannot jump no more. My record is 13. Beat that and let me know.
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY!
Squats give you greater overall muscle and strength gains than any other exercise. Because the exercise involves the largest muscle group in your body (glutes, hamstrings, quads) and requires a high amount of energy, the movement triggers what is known as a neuroendocrine response.
Use this at the end of your training today to empty the tank or a stand alone training if you lack time to get the gym. Can be done anywhere. Enjoy
Your circuit looks like this:
1. Body-Weight Squat: Do 9 reps
2. Pushup: Do 9 reps
3. Jumping Jacks: Do 9 reps
That's one round. Your pace is determined by your fitness: You can rest as needed between each exercise—simply go by "feel."
Do a total of 9 rounds. Try to complete the entire workout in 9 minutes or less.
As we get on in years we start to lose the ability to do things quickly (power) . We lose power faster(up to 50%) than we lose our strength. But fear not. Here are 3 easy power exercises to incorporate in your training. These can be stand alone exercises you can do at the start of your training or can be done as a circuit.
Here are 3 simple tests you can do at home to see where your balance is at.
1. Sit to stand.
Stand up from a seated position. Try not to use your hands for support
Poor- Need minimal assistance to stand and balance.
Good- Able to stand by yourself by using your hands
Excellent- Able to stand with no assistance and stand independently
Empty the tank with one of these 2 workout finishers
1. Countdown- 2 exercises 1a. High knees or run on the spot 1 b. Bodyweight Squat. Start at 20 reps for high knees then without rest do 20 bodyweight squats. The go down by 2 and do 18 high knees then 18 bodyweight squats. The 16, 14 , 12 , 10 all the way down to 2. Low impact way of cranking your heart rate.
2. Upper Body Tabata's. - resistance band. 20 sec work 10 sec rest- adavanced. 15/15. Intermd. 10sec work/ 20 sec rest beginner.
Great tip on squatting form Nick Nilsson. If you dont know who he is, you should.
When you're doing a barbell squat, the toughest point in the movement to maintain your form is
just as you're coming up out of the bottom (a.k.a. "the hole").
It's at this point where you may have a tendency to lean forward then rely on the lower back (and
One of my favorite trainings. Get to it!
Workout of the Day. Kettlebell Density Training.
Intsructions. 8 reps per set. Each set takes no more than 1 min. 5 exercises done has a circuit. Do 4 rounds.
1. KB jump squats
2. KB Split squats 8 reps each leg
3. KB uneven pushups. 8 on each arm
4. KB Rows 8 on each arm