1. Pay attention to the descriptions- focus on food with descriptions such as steamed, broiled, or grilled. Obviously avoid anything deep fried or covered in sauce.
2. Drink water with your meal- Soda is empty calories. And as you know SUGAR IS THE ENEMY.
3. Hold the extras: be aware of dressings, spreads, cheese, and other condiments that are loaded with fat and calories.
I realize we are all going to eat and drink more than we should this weekend. Me included. We have all earnt some time off this weekend. However do this to help minimize the damage.
1. Start your day with a high-protein, high-fiber breakfast each morning. This will keep you full for a long time and just hopefully you big out less the rest of the day.
Weather is getting warmer and it becomes more important to replace lost fluids. However drinking water is not your only option. Eat these foods to replace lost fluids.
1. Yogurt has 88% water content by weight.
2. Celery has 95% water content by weight.
3. Watermelon has 91% water content by weight.
Hope this helps.
1) Eat a Smart Breakfast.
Most people load up on carbohydrates and simple sugars for breakfast. Cereal, pastries, smoothies and juice are all poor choices when it comes to starting your day off right. Center your breakfast around protein and healthy fat, and you'll have energy for hours.
While there is often an assumption that bottled water is purer than tap water, this is not likely the case. Bottled water and tap water are actually regulated by different agencies; in most cases the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations on bottled water are less stringent than the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations that govern public water utilities. Typical bottled water plants are tested weekly, whereas municipal water plants are tested multiple times daily.