We all know how important water is for our basic survival. However, for athletes and active individuals, water is simply vital if we want to achieve optimal performance. Here are 5 important reasons why you should never neglect the importance of water:
Meat lovers, that's a lot of water you're eating.
Of course you care about the environment. You turn off the faucet when you brush your teeth. You take showers instead of baths. You've even installed a low pressure shower head. But unless you're a vegetarian, you are wasting a lot of water perhaps without realizing it.
If you are trying to lose weight, then I am sure you are focussing on what you are eating on a regular basis, measuring each gram of cereal, monotoring your carbohydrate intake, etc., which is great, however, how many of you are actually paying attention to what you are drinking? Here are some facts about the different things we drink on a regular basis: A 12oz can of soda has 39 grams of sugar and 140 calories or 9 3/4 teaspoons of sugar! A 8 oz redbull has 27 grams of sugar and 108 calories or 6 3/4 teaspoons of sugar!
1. Pay attention to the descriptions- focus on food with descriptions such as steamed, broiled, or grilled. Obviously avoid anything deep fried or covered in sauce.
2. Drink water with your meal- Soda is empty calories. And as you know SUGAR IS THE ENEMY.
3. Hold the extras: be aware of dressings, spreads, cheese, and other condiments that are loaded with fat and calories.
I realize we are all going to eat and drink more than we should this weekend. Me included. We have all earnt some time off this weekend. However do this to help minimize the damage.
1. Start your day with a high-protein, high-fiber breakfast each morning. This will keep you full for a long time and just hopefully you big out less the rest of the day.
Weather is getting warmer and it becomes more important to replace lost fluids. However drinking water is not your only option. Eat these foods to replace lost fluids.
1. Yogurt has 88% water content by weight.
2. Celery has 95% water content by weight.
3. Watermelon has 91% water content by weight.
Hope this helps.
1) Eat a Smart Breakfast.
Most people load up on carbohydrates and simple sugars for breakfast. Cereal, pastries, smoothies and juice are all poor choices when it comes to starting your day off right. Center your breakfast around protein and healthy fat, and you'll have energy for hours.