OK, so I have a few tricks up my sleeve to avoid the sluggish feeling that can come with overindulgence. Let’s face it, even if we stay within our calorie budget we can feel icky if it’s foods our body may not be used to. Anybody else get headaches with too much sugar? Maybe you feel a little more irritated than normal because of more processed foods sneaking in? Whatever the cause, I have a quick solution for you
Every New Year many people make a resolution to change their lives. Most of those resolutions are health related. Such as to eat better, join a gym and exercise, or to start a new diet. They resolutions are always started with great intentions. The person making the resolution jumps in with both feet, exercising every day or not touching anything with sugar, whatever that resolution is. Unfortunately, by March most of those resolutions are already broken.
Making a big change to your life is really hard. The best way to be sure to stick with your resolution is to take baby steps.
Getting back into shape, and becoming healthier is the most chosen New Year’s Resolution. More than half of Americans make New Year resolutions year after year. Of that half, 75% give up within by March, and of the remaining 25% only a quarter of them truly maintain their resolution and turn it into a healthy lifestyle.
So often I hear about what happens to a fat person. Things about joint issues. Things about diseases and other health issues. But there is something that very few people talk about. Kind of like an unspoken code. The real pain of fat.
I have shared before that I have struggled with my weight. In my adult life, I have been as high as 300 pounds and as low as 190. So I know about the true pain of fat. I have walked down the street and had teen boys moo and throw water balloons at me. I have been called the typical names growing up.
Recommended Daily Water Intake Men should consume 3 liters (or about 13 cups) Women should consume 2.2 liters (or about 9 cups) of water per day. Individuals trying to lose weight should drink an extra 8 ounces (or 1 cup) of water for every 25 pounds that they are trying to lose. Recommended Daily Fiber Intake38 grams per day for men
With the beginning of a new year many of us will make exercise and fitness resolutions. Statistics show that approximately half of those who begin exercise programs drop out within the first six months.Situations factors as well as personal factors will affect your exercise adherence and motivation. So how do you ensure you don’t set yourself up for failure?
There’s been a lot of talk about tabata training and how adding it to your regular training can enhance fat loss and sports performance. This is very true, but I think there are far too many of us who are unclear as to what Tabata training really is. Buckle up, here we go…..