A trend that's been picking up some steam in the fitness marketing industry is the theory of three different body types: the mesomorph, ectomorph, and endomorph. As the story goes, we are predisposed to align with one of these body types, which I'll briefly describe: Mesomorph - The 'ideal' body type, the mesomorph is an athletic build with broad shoulders, a narrow waist, considerable lean mass and low bodyfat. This type of person will be on the covers of fitness magazines.
Here are 2 factors you should use in your training, starting today.
1. Consistency - No magic pills or potions will get you the body you want. No short cuts to success. You need to show up and train. Just showing up is the single most important thing.
Here are some questions I would like for you to consider before you start your journey to looking awesome.
1. How busy is your life?- This will determine the length of time you exercise and how many days per week. Have to fit exercise into your life style, not the other way around.
so couldnt make Zumba so instead did a sculpting class woohoo my legs were burning., i dont think i have taken anyones sculpting class in hmmm i dont even know. Im so use to teaching , but i have to say it feels good not to have to be the one coming up with all the exercises for once. Then I had my lunch : chicken , rice, and green beans.. pretty good.move of the day: start in plank position lunge front with right then with left, do not leave squat posotion, then step back with right then left, continue , 10 no rest. burn baby burn!!!!
This is from 'Engineering the Alpha' by John Romaniello & Adam Bornstein. PLEASE take note. I agree with all of them.
1. Fat doesn't make you fat. It is necessary for hormonal balance.
2. Heavy weights don't make you bulky. Don't fear them, they are your friend.
3. Yoga is not for girls.
4. Muscle does not weigh more than fat. But fat does take up a lot more space than muscle.
Have or are you wondering why you've hit a plateau? Or do you feel like your workouts just aren't taking you anywhere?
If you have regular medical checkups and know that your health is in good condition then it's time for some feedback on your current routine!
Get with a trainer for professional feedback. Be honest with yourself and your trainer!
Do you read while your on a cardio machine? Put that book or magazine down and get involved mentally on your workout. Pay attention to your body and how it feels. Take your focus to your intensity level.
1.With only cardio you will go from a big pear to a smaller pear but you will still be a pear. Weights will help change your body shape not to mention all the health benefits.
2.Weight bearing exercises are great to help against and prevent osteoporosis. It also helps your nervous system stay alert and active.