Every one of us has heard the news talk about how to pick a good trainer. Well as an owner/trainer of a fitness and wellness company I also have to worry about whether or not I have picked a good trainer to work for my company. I have hired and let go many trainers over the years, all for many different reasons. Every trainer I hire for example has to pass a qualifications test. The qualifications test involves a hand written test as well as a practical test.
A trend that's been picking up some steam in the fitness marketing industry is the theory of three different body types: the mesomorph, ectomorph, and endomorph. As the story goes, we are predisposed to align with one of these body types, which I'll briefly describe: Mesomorph - The 'ideal' body type, the mesomorph is an athletic build with broad shoulders, a narrow waist, considerable lean mass and low bodyfat. This type of person will be on the covers of fitness magazines.
Here are 2 factors you should use in your training, starting today.
1. Consistency - No magic pills or potions will get you the body you want. No short cuts to success. You need to show up and train. Just showing up is the single most important thing.
Here are some questions I would like for you to consider before you start your journey to looking awesome.
1. How busy is your life?- This will determine the length of time you exercise and how many days per week. Have to fit exercise into your life style, not the other way around.
so couldnt make Zumba so instead did a sculpting class woohoo my legs were burning., i dont think i have taken anyones sculpting class in hmmm i dont even know. Im so use to teaching , but i have to say it feels good not to have to be the one coming up with all the exercises for once. Then I had my lunch : chicken , rice, and green beans.. pretty good.move of the day: start in plank position lunge front with right then with left, do not leave squat posotion, then step back with right then left, continue , 10 no rest. burn baby burn!!!!
This is from 'Engineering the Alpha' by John Romaniello & Adam Bornstein. PLEASE take note. I agree with all of them.
1. Fat doesn't make you fat. It is necessary for hormonal balance.
2. Heavy weights don't make you bulky. Don't fear them, they are your friend.
3. Yoga is not for girls.
4. Muscle does not weigh more than fat. But fat does take up a lot more space than muscle.