September 27th is a beginning and an ending for me. It was my hire date and now ironically, it is our closing date. I spent 15 years getting to know most all of whom walked through the doors of Highland Park Hospital Health & Fitness Center. Both the team and the members. I've seen them come, go, grow up, and move on. For the last few days, it has seemed like a death has occurred. I've had to wrap my proverbial head around the fact that once again things were changing. I could refuse to accept it or adapt. My decision is quite clear to me now, I will adapt. How, I'm not positive. I may stay at the Center and train on Tuesdays like normal or leave completely and expand my horizons into new territory. Regardless, the last few days have been difficult to say the least.
The lessons I've learned are many:
1) Never burn a bridge, you don't know when you'll need it to get to the other side.
2) When a company is in financial trouble and they tell you they have an investor, be prepared for the worst.
3) Always have Plan B.
4) Always have Plan C!
5) Continue to reach out to those who you've worked with. Networking is essential. Stay in touch!
6) Starting at the birth of an organization and being there at the end is like watching someone take their last breath. Sad, but extremely rewarding.
7) Own whatever you do. It will give you more pride in the end.
8) Save people in any way possible.
9) Leave your personal issues at the door. Walk in with a clear & happy spirit.
Last but not least...
10) "Girly tough ain't tough enough" Thanks Jules <3
The end of 2011 is near,
A wonderful time we’ve had this year.
To friends and family and those so dear,
Thank you to clients who were always here.
New goals to make in the year to come,
Maybe a 5K we’ll walk or run.
With hard work, dedication, and lots of fun,
Hopefully, we’ll all lift our bum!
Push, pull, lift, and press,
I encourage you to be your best.
Challenge yourself to do more reps,
Get up and stretch between each set.
Squats and lunges for our legs to tone,
By springtime we’ll be in our training zone.
If you’re hesitant to do it alone,
Call a personal trainer’s phone.*
*(847.767.6130-Val Hahamy-shameless plug :)
Happy Holidays to you and yours,
Bring your fitness goals through my door.
Let's not forget to work your core,
So you can go and celebrate more!