What is a Health Coach?
Health and wellness coaching is a process that facilitates healthy, sustainable behavior change by challenging clients to:
- listen to their inner wisdom;
- identify their values;
- and transform their goals into action.
As a guide and supportive mentor, health & wellness coaches help clients work toward their goals in areas such as:
- Achieving optimal weight
- Tackling food cravings
- Establishing a healthy eating style
- Improving sleep quality
- Increasing energy
- Developing a great ability to enjoy and participate in your life
- Lowering cholesterol and blood pressure
- Incorporating (and enjoying!) physical activity
- Utilizing stress management tools
- Decreasing mood swings
- Increasing self-esteem
- Enhancing skin tone
- Improving body image
- Increasing confidence
Clients will develop a deeper understanding of the foods and lifestyle choices that work best for them, as well as implement lasting changes that will improve all aspects of wellness: body-mind-soul.
The relationship between the Health Coach and client is a structured, accountability partnership focused on balance and setting, implementing, and achieving wellness goals. Health coaches assist clients in making practical decisions about next steps in life and how to break down life and health goals into measurable action steps and foster more self-efficacy.
Holistic Health Coach & Wellness Educator