Accountability is one of the biggest reasons why someone should hire a trainer. Now with that being said a trainer should not be your cheerleader when you are not giving as much as the trainer.
- A trainer will give you praise when you are doing a good job.
- A trainer will hold you accountable for doing your workouts.
- A trainer will monitor your nutrition and make corrections as needed.
- A trainer will provide you with the tools you need to be successful.
A trainer can not make you do anything! You will fail or succeed on your own. So it amazes me when clients want to blame the trainer because they did not get the results that they wanted.
As a client the first thing you need to look at is yourself and ask:
- Did I follow and track my meal plan
- Did I do every workout or just go through the motions
- Did I drink enough water each day
- Did I get enough sleep
- Did I hold myself accountable to my goals
If you can honestly answer YES to each one, then you have had success. A pound or an inch lost is success. Most forget that because of the biggest loser. Your health and fitness is a life long journey not a 12 week trip.