These meatloaves are healthy, portion controlled & kid-friendly! Ingredients:1lb lean ground turkey1/2 cup oats1 cup mushrooms, chopped1 cup spinach, chopped1/2 cup onion, chopped1 egg1/4 cup salsa2/3 cup ketchup1 tbsp worcestershire sauce1/4 cup parmesan cheese1 tbsp garlic powder1 tsp salt Directions:Preheat oven to 350*Grease muffin tins Mix all ingredients together
5 Ways to Melt off Summer BBQ Calories
1. Don’t skip breakfast & eat small frequent meals throughout the day.
2. Water: Be sure to drink extra water today to stay hydrated and replenish body from yesterday’s food and drinks.
3. Time: Add an additional 20 minutes of exercise.
4. Add Intervals to your Workout: Add sets of jump rope or strength exercises into your routine or other cardio today.
5. Keep Moving: Do yard work, clean the house, wash the car. Get your chores done while you move more to burn calories.
There are so many fitness wannabes out there today that it is hard to keep the bad information separated from the good information. I read an article today which encouraged people to stop doing cardio. That was the most ludicrous thing that I have seen in a while. And that is not only because I am an avid runner and a fan of cardio. Cardiovascular endurance is a vital point to being fit overall. For example, if you are the most muscled up person on your soccer team, but can't run and move the entire soccer match, what good are you to the team?
With the temps hitting the 3-digits over and over again, I cannot stress more the importance of hydration. Especially so for those of you who walk and/or exercise every day. In the desert climate of our Arizona, you might not realize right away that you have been sweating, because all the sweat evaporates so quickly: our clothes might remain dry, as the result. But it does not mean we do not sweat. We do and even a slight deficiency in terms of the hydration level can bring on some impairment of both physical and mental performance.