Squat Raise w/ Resistance Band
1. First, grab two resistance band handles anchored to the bottom bar of the QueenAx system. Get into position by walking back 6 to 10 feet from the bars.
2. Begin the exercise by lowering into a squat while lowering your hands (the handles) near your groin.
3. Drive through the center / heel area of each foot to stand back up while simultaneously raising your arms straight out in front of you and then up and over your head to finish the move.
4. Lower your arms back down as you squat back down to the starting position, and repeat.
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER:
1. Try to make the perform the exercise so that it's one fluid motion just like we practiced on Friday, May 11.
2. Avoid arching your lower back as you raise your hands over your head to complete the exercise. Instead, use more of your shoulder muscles to pull the handles back as far as you can while squeezing your glutes to drive the hips just slightly forward.
Try to be mindful of where your shoulders are in relation to your hips. If you're arching the lower back you'll find your shoulders will drift back past your hips. On the other hand, squeezing the glutes and "driving the hips forward" should keep your shoulders, hips, and feet in alignment as you finished standing up and raising your arms over your head.