This is a great meal...you get your protein, veggies, grains, and dairy! This recipe will serve about 2 people or make 2 burritos.
whole wheat tortillas
1 chicken breast
about 1/2 cup chopped red and green peppers
about 1/4 cup chopped onion
about 1/2 cup fresh chopped broccoli
1 cup fresh spinach
1 tbsp olive oil
red pepper flakes
low fat shredded chedder cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350* and bake the chicken breast for about 20 minutes, till fully cooked.--I put some chicken seasoning onto the chicken before baking.
2. In the meantime, add your veggies, seasonings and olive oil into a saucepan on the stove on medium heat. Sautee till cooked.
3. Once everything is cooked you can make your burrito-->
--Lay your tortilla on a flat surface.
--add a sprinkle of cheese onto tortilla
--add your veggies onto tortilla
--slice chicken into thin slices and add onto tortilla (if its a big chicken breast, expect
to have some leftover. ** remember-portion control!* and you want to be able to close
--add another sprinkle of cheese to pull it all together
-- wrap up tortilla --> make sure all your ingredients are in the center, fold in the
sides, then pull one side up and roll until all ingredients are bundled into the wrap.
*** Don't forget the last part!-->Set your oven to BROIL....place your burritos in a baking pan and place in oven. About 2 minutes, then flip burrito over for another 2 minutes. This will help hold the burrito together and melt the cheese!
This soup is made in the crockpot so it's easy to assemble and healthy to eat.
2 raw chicken breasts
2 celery stalks chopped
2 handfuls of chopped baby carrots
3 handfuls of baby spinach
1 crown broccoli chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1 box chicken stock
Put all ingredients into the crockpot for 6-8 hours on low heat. Make sure you put in the 2 chicken breasts RAW and UNCUT, they will tear apart before ready to serve. Enjoy!
This bread is moist, sweet, and nutritious! It's great with breakfast, as a pre/post workout snack, or for dessert.
2 mashed ripe bananas
2/3 cup of stevia sugar or sucanat
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup quick oats
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups frozen unsweetened cherries
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a loaf pan with olive oil spray.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
Put in loaf pan and bake in oven for about 45-60 minutes.
1lb ground turkey
15oz can diced tomatoes (seasoned, chili, or low sodium)
15oz can low sodium corn (drained)
15oz can low sodium kidney beans (drained)
3 cups spinach
2 cups mushrooms
1/2 sweet onion diced
1 packet McCormick Bourbon Brown Sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
- In a pan on stove add olive oil and turkey and sautee till cooked.
- If using pan on stove add all other ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 30-45 minutes.
- If using crockpot add cooked turkey and all other ingredients into pot and cook over medium heat for 4-5 hours.
This is a clean eating recipe! Start off the New Year Right by making healthier choices and healthier recipes!
3 egg whites
1/4 cup pumpkin
2 mashed bananas
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp flaxseed
2 tbsp stevia sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
Mix all ingredients together in bowl.
Preheat pan on stove top on medium heat.
Make big or small pancakes in pan on stove.
Chicken Breasts cut in half
can of diced tomatoes
diced sweet onion
Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan, place lid on top, and heat on medium high heat for 30-45 minutes.
Another healthy alternative to fries. You can really use any vegetable..they get a crunchy outside and soft center!
1. Preheat oven to 400*
2. Slice veggies to make them look like thick steak fries
3. spray baking sheet with olive oil spray
4. layer veggies on baking sheet.
5. sprinkle with salt and onion salt.
6. Bake for 30-45 minutes.
Every Christmas morning my husband and I have Spinach & Mushroom Quiche. I like using a graham cracker crust for a special treat...but feel free to use any type of crust you prefer! So here is my recipe...
9-inch graham cracker crust
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1 cup chopped fresh spinach
1/4 cup chopped sliced mushrooms
1 cup egg whites
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1 cup shredded low-fat chedder cheese
1/4 cup 1% milk
1. Saute onions, spinach, and mushrooms.
2. In a separate bowl combine eggs, egg whites, milk, cheese, flour.
3. Add your sauteed veggies into bowl.
4. Pour into crust.
5. Bake at 350* for about 40-45 minutes.
This is quick and easy pasta dish! The whole family will love it and it beats high calorie take-out!
1 box Whole Wheat Pasta
1 can Garbanzo Beans (chick peas)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 bag frozen Mixed Vegetables
1 can tomato sauce
seasonings of your choice (garlic, oregano, red pepper, onion powder..etc.)
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package.
2. In a saucepan, throw in veggies, tomatoes, seasonings and beans.
3. Once pasta and veggies are cooked..mix together in a big pot and add in tomatoe sauce.
This is also a great dish to make ahead of time (like on a Sunday) and reheat throughout the week.
Extra portions can also be frozen and saved for another time.
Another new recipe for Protein Bars! These have MORE protein and less carbs if that's the kind of protein bar you're looking for...minimal ingredients..and still tasty as usual!
3 scoops of protein powder (I used Chocolate)
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup canned Pumpkin
1/2 cup olive oil
Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Pour into baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
4. Ready when toothpick comes out clean.