The benefits of kettlebells appeal to people of all fitness levels, ages and genders. Functional fitness training which is also known as movement-based training is what kettlebells offer you. Most commercial gyms do not have kettlebells. However small boutique gyms and independent trainers offer group classes and individual instruction. The best and safest way to start using kettlebells is to find a trainer or instructor with certified training hours in this venue. Balance Personal Training has RKC training hours and offers both individual and group/class sessions.
What will kettlebell training offer you?
- Full-body conditioning. “The body learns to work as one synergistic unit linked strongly together,” he says.
- Big results by spending less time in the gym. “Because kettlebell training involves multiple muscle groups and energy systems at once.”
- Increased resistance to injury
- The ability to work aerobically and anaroebically simultaneously.
- Improved mobility and range of motion
- Increased strength without increase of mass. Kettlebell exercisers are lean and toned, not bulky—a benefit that appeals to women and men alike.
- Enhanced performance in athletics and everyday functioning
- Major calorie burning (In a recent study conducted by the highly respected American Council on Exercise participants burned approximately 20 calories per minute--that's 1,200 calories per hour.)