Ever wonder why you workout and don't notice a change in weight?
There are many reasons for this. First of all, your body composition - what your body is made of: fat, muscle, bone, water, organs - is the main thing you should be considering.
· Eating plays a huge role in weight loss or weight gain no matter how much you workout, so keeping track of what you eat is pivotal.
· Also, muscle weighs more than fat. So you can be getting healthier and seem heavier. No worries, muscle also burns more calories while you are resting than fat! Yes that’s right it burns calories – part of your metabolism. So stay moving!
The scale might be a fail.
What’s in your body is either nice or naughty.
We can make the small choices everyday that will change our body composition.
It just takes one decision at a time to eat healthy and get moving. There are so many benefits! More energy throughout the day, less stress, you are more productive, and overall better wellbeing.
Every little bit is counting toward or against a healthy lifestyle and you hold the key!
Here are a few small tips:
· Eat proper portion sizes during meals (choosemyplate.gov = check it out!)
· Choose healthy sides
· Choose grilled over fried
· Drink more water!
· Try to limit the additional empty calories - like sugary drinks and snacks
· Cook more than fast food
· Plan ahead for meals
· Keep a 3 day food log
· Make a list for groceries and stick to it
· Shop around the outside of the store and avoid inside aisles where all the processed foods scream out to you
· Snack smart – keep fruits and vegetables handy
· Carry a banana and apple with you for the day
· Go for a walk
· Get into a regular workout routine
Remember, this is the only vehicle you are given in life, so take care of it! Your investment now will definitely pay off later!
Have a healthy day!