VIDEO REPORT: How to Correctly do a Burpee
Tuesday, January 01, 2013 • San Diego, CA 92103
The burpee (aka "squat thrust") is a full body exercise used in strength training and as aerobic exercise. It is performed in four steps, and was originally known as a "four-count Burpee":
- Begin in a standing position.
- Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground. (count 1)
- Extend your feet back in one quick motion to assume the front plank position. (count 2)
- Return to the squat position in one quick motion. (count 3)
- Return to standing position. (count 4)