1. Almost everyone can do it.
2. Helps with weight loss/management.
3. Helps to maintain strong bones.
4. No special equipment other than good shoes.
5. One of the simplest ways to get moving.
6. Reduces symptoms of stress/depression.
7. It is a low-impact exercise.
8. Lowers the LDL ( bad ) cholesterol.
9. Raises HDL ( good ) cholesterol.
10. Can help to lower blood pressure.
11. Can help with the management of type 2 diabetes. ( always work with your doctor on this & follow his/her advise )
12. Reduces risks of some cancers.
13. Reduces risk of heart attack.
14. Can lift the mood. Makes you feel better.
15. Less likely to cause injury vs other activites.
16. Lowers risk of heart disease.
17. It is virtually free ( only cost is good walking shoes ).
18. Builds aerobic fitness.
19. Helps to maintain lean muscles.
20. Chisels those lower body muscles.
If you go up hills the benefits increase. Add variety, take different routes. Change walking speeds. Start slow and build up from there.