Saturday, September 01, 2012 • Helendale, CA 92342
For kids who won't normally eat veggies ….. Try these wonderful Vegetable pancakes...
Recipe: Vegetable Pancakes
- 2 cups shredded veggies (I like to use a mix including things like white potatoes, sweet potatoes, zucchini, yellow squash and/or carrots…whatever you have on hand)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole-wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Olive oil for cooking
- Optional garnish: sour cream and/or applesauce
- Combine the shredded veggies with the eggs, flour, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. It is important that the heat is the right temperature because you want the pancakes to cook all the way through the middle by the time they are brown on the outside.
- Once the oil has heated up add pancake size dollops of the veggie mixture into the pan. Cook for several minutes until the bottom starts to brown. Then flip and repeat.
- Transfer cooked pancakes to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve warm with sour cream and/or applesauce.
Yield: 2 – 3 servings as a side item