Rather than worrying about eating less, focus on eating more of the fat loss foods.
Fat loss foods don’t have magical fat burning properties. The reason they are so good at helping with fat loss is because they do 3 things:
1. Control hunger. They make you full quickly and keep you full for longer because they are digested slowly.
2. Raise energy. Because they are digested slowly their nutrients are absorbed in a slow steady fashion. This gives a steady supply of fuel and raises energy levels.
3. Reduce cravings.
Time and time again I see people struggling to lose weight eating very few calories and doing tons of cardio. What gives? Shouldn’t the pounds be dropping? Well, not if your metabolism has been damaged through a faulty fitness lifestyle. Here’s what you need to know about your metabolism and how to fix it.
What Causes a Broken Metabolism?
To put it simply, a damaged metabolism is typically caused by prolonged excessive calorie restriction combined with excessive physical activity.
(from Men's health)
Researchers say you can measure a person’s risk of obesity by measuring his or her soda intake. Versus people who don’t drink sweetened sodas, here’s what your daily intake means:
½ can = 26 percent increased risk of being overweight or obese
½ to 1 can = 30.4 percent increased risk
Here, I've identified 8 ingredients you never want to see on the nutrition label. Should you put down products that contain them? As the Magic 8-Ball would say: Signs point to yes
... This preservative is used to prevent rancidity in foods that contain oils. Unfortunately, BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole) has been shown to cause cancer in rats, mice, and hamsters.
An amalgamation of numerous messages or emails I receive:
What is the best way to eat to get shredded abs and be healthy? Can you please send me your client's plan so I can follow it too?
- There is no single, perfect way to eat. In other words, there is no such thing as a "perfect diet" or a "perfect plan". If there was, we would all be eating the exact same thing and every single one of us on the planet would be looking pretty darn fantastic every single day...forever.
When I construct a program it is based on the individual.
Foods that increase inflammation will increase your joint pain and delay your recovery. These include:
1. Trans fat (the WORST fat there is)
3. Processed foods
4. Gluten (for gluten-sensitive people)
5. Dairy (for dairy-sensitive people)
6. Alcohol (even your glass of red wine)
Eat your carbohydrates later in the evening , not first thing in the morning. We have all been told that eating our carbs early in the day because that is when we are most likely to "use" them rather store them. Otherwise called insulin sensitivity.
Avoid TRANS FATS at all cost. Eating just a tiny amount of this ingredient can increase your risk of heart disease and promote accumulation of visceral(located inside the abdominal cavity, packed between the organs ) fat – a dangerous kind of belly fat that’s almost impossible to get rid of.
So what is the best way to lose fat? Without a doubt, nothing tops the most basic approach: eat less calories, eat whole food sources, engage in resistance training (to build lean muscle and burn more calories), and throw in some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) for good measure. Based on my experience and astute observation of my peers, nothing beats this strategy for effectiveness.